Advice please

Kurt

Reaction score
Morning all.

Just looking for a little advice, I'm having my rear coils replaced as I've got some H&r coils waiting to go on. Is there anything worth replacing whilst they are being done?

Only reason I ask is my front coil snapped on me a few weeks back and a lad in my village offered to sort them for me but when he started we found the top mounts needed doing and this was at 1800 at night so it was hard sorting spares out with everywhere being shut so I don't want to end up in this situation again lol.

I don't want to be heading to audis in the park looking like a drag car lol

Oh and its an s3 8p 57 preface with 87k

Whilst you've got the suspension in pieces then it's definitely worth replacing the top mounts (x4) & bearings (x2) on an 87K S3. I'm getting coilovers fitted later this month of which DPM advised me to replace these on my 64K S3 at the same time. Not sure how much the parts request guys will charge but mjr901 said £150 for me a couple months back.

Thanks for the reply. We did the fronts so just need the rears doing, 4 top mounts? Do you mean front and rear or is there 4 at the rear? Sorry if I sound solid but not massively upto date mechanically.

Buy lemforder or dealer parts, none of this unbranded ebay rubbish or inferior brands.

Yeh don't worry I won't be skimping out on cheap bits

Thanks for the reply. We did the fronts so just need the rears doing, 4 top mounts? Do you mean front and rear or is there 4 at the rear? Sorry if I sound solid but not massively upto date mechanically.

No worries neither am I haha, I meant two front top mounts and two rear top mounts, only the front top mounts have bearings as well by the way. So from what you've already had done recently then you only need to get two new rear top mounts.

Lol thanks for the help anyway. Just ordered two top mounts for the rear so hopefully I won't find anything else that needs doing when it comes to it.