Advice Please on New Tyres

Mate even if you Michelins have like 3mm tread someone will have them on eBay!

Just had a quick scout round - how does Goodyear Assy 2's at £112 fitted sound ?

£102 from mytyres.co.uk delivered and £10 fitted, balanced etc. incl disposal of old.

Sounds a great price. Fantastic tyre too, mine are wearing incredibly well and have been on 11 months which used to be about time for new tyres with Sport Contact 3s.

Sounds a great price. Fantastic tyre too, mine are wearing incredibly well and have been on 11 months which used to be about time for new tyres with Sport Contact 3s.

I was skint when I needed 4 tyres. After much research I came across Barum Bravuris 2 tyres. I was sceptical but gave them a go. Got all 4 fitted for £320. I've had them on the car for 3 months and have to say for the money they are really good. You need to run them in for a thousand miles or so but once run in they are good in the dry, not too bad in the wet and excellent in snow. Apparantly they are made by Continental. Here's a link Barum Bravuris 2 | the Barum Bravuris 2 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide mine are 17 inch too

Barum are one of Continentals budget tyre brands along with Semperit. Can't say I have heard good things about their tyres but they are built for the budget market. If you find the performance ok thats good though.

Barum are one of Continentals budget tyre brands along with Semperit. Can't say I have heard good things about their tyres but they are built for the budget market. If you find the performance ok thats good though.

I was nervous about them and when they were fitted they weren't too good. The car was twitchy in the wet to say the least but I had read that they needed run in so I stuck with it and they have come good. Don't get me wrong they arn't in the same league as Pilots and the like and if you were into driving like your hairs on fire then you might find them limiting but for the likes of me doing city driving with the odd boot down a country road they are fine. The most surprising was in the snow. None of my A3s have ever been very good in snow but this year the car went everywhere with no problems when others were stranded. I should say we get a lot of snow where I live. When they say 'snow over the Scottish hills' on the weather, thats me. But the reviews in the link I posted are accurate. For anyone in the Glasgow area give Car Care in Thornliebank a call. His prices on most tyres, premium and budget are good.

That price for the Assymetric 2's is very good fitted Mike.....I would go for those if I were you, but as they used to say on 'Blind Date'.......The Decision is Yours !! ( feel REALLY old now.. :) ).

That price for the Assymetric 2's is very good fitted Mike.....I would go for those if I were you, but as they used to say on 'Blind Date'.......The Decision is Yours !! ( feel REALLY old now.. :) ).

Cheers Shadowman - don't worry mate. you're REALLY old when you can remember Opportunity Knocks and What's My Line nearly at the dawn of TV.

I can !!!!!! :beerchug:

Cheers Shadowman - don't worry mate. you're REALLY old when you can remember Opportunity Knocks and

Good old Huey Green!

Ive bought the Falkens last couple of times, can't fault them.

You try to make an informed decision, but end up going round in circles, literally!

From your list I'd have the Goodyears.
I'm running PS2s at the moment also but will probably buy SportContact 5's next.

I had Falken 912's on my astra van and they wern't even up to the job on that!
Ain't run 452's before so I can't pass my judgement but I wouldn't even buy them at £50 per corner!

ive got 4x continental contact 3 18" 225 40 18 part worn all with min 6mm across tread for £200

Just had a quick scout round - how does Goodyear Assy 2's at £112 fitted sound ?

£102 from mytyres.co.uk delivered and £10 fitted, balanced etc. incl disposal of old.

Just got a set of F1 assy2 £114 a corner fitted 225/40/18 from kwik fit

Last edited: