Advice Please on 19inch alloys... to go or not to go

drnutta

Reaction score
Now that i got my KW's coils sorted and have been on the car for a while... I'm about to order my VMR wheels.

I'm was thinking of going for the v708 in 19" but I am now thinking they might be a bit huge for my sportback.

I dont want the stretched look so ideally tyres either. I'm now actually thinking going for the 18"

what do you guys think? I dont want rubbing also... so I am assuming the best tyres to go for are the 225/35/19...

Any advise would be great.

correct 225's and a screw removal should give no rubbing, 19's look the tits on s3s just right tbh ive no idea why its never been an option, i wouldnt go any bigget though

I thought the screw removal bit was only applicable to the 3 door?
The VMR's are 8.5x19ET48 i believe....

You are correct, you will have rubbing issues on the rear of sportback

However offset 48 should help you out. But I think you will have to run a 215 to stop the scrub :)

Hum... that would make it look like rubber band tyres which I am not a fan of.
Anyone on here running 19" on 225/35/19?

wait scottie has 19's, how many handbags did the missus get to balance them out?

Hum... that would make it look like rubber band tyres which I am not a fan of.
Anyone on here running 19" on 225/35/19?

I ran 225's on my 8x19" BBS CH's. A good tyre size. I went for 215's on my Bentley's just because I think the wider wheel suits a stretch.

hey that hurts my feelings you never complained about it before :lmfao:

19"s are next years job for me, once theres some more smashed r's lying in breakers

So do you guys recommend me going 19" then or stick with the 18"
As i said going with the VMR 708's

19 all the way. You will only regret not getting them if you get 18's.

Save you money in the long run :)

19s if they are gonna be a second set, then switch to a lower size for the winter

Well I'm running 8.5 x 19 ET 43 with 235 35 19 tyres all round with no problems on my SB...

Higher ET's should help but watch the width though.

Definately 19's. The VMR's are a great rim.

I'm running 225/35/19 on BBS CK's ET44, and I had no rubbing when the car was on H&R's. I have a 3dr though.

If you're interested, check out my sig below, I have a brand new set of Falken 452's in the classifieds. I'll help you save a few more pounds if you take them. :icon_thumright:

......but as I learnt on mine. On the S3 sportback on 8.5x19 et45 225's will rub. You'll need to run 215's

The 3 door they are ok but not on the sportback especially if lowered

Even if the wheels are 8.5x19 ET48 not 45....?
thought a few people had these and were ok?

Guys this is basically the look I'm going for:

But as stated not sure about the 19" as yet... The 18 seem OK aswell but worried about the 8.5x18ET45 rubbing.

What do you guys think? My car is basically the black thing below already lowered on KW coils V3:

I was going to go with VMR 708 in HyperSilver:

a3sportback.jpg

Here is the white I think on 18"

a3white1.jpg

Black on 19"?

bka3.jpg

White on 19"

a3w3.jpg

Last edited:
19 all the way! wouldnt have it any other way. i dont mind the stretched look as long as the wheel rim isnt poking out by half an inch.