Advice Please, aftermarket stereo has no power

alictait

Reaction score
Okie,

So I eventually bit the bullet and purchased a pioneer SPH-DA120 and all the bits n pieces I thought I needed.

I have an A4 B7 from 2007 with a double din concert stereo with quad locked, pretty sure it's the standard non amped version but could be wrong lol.

With all this in mind I purchased the connects2 CT20AU01 adapter

My problem is when installing this with my new unit, I am not getting any power whatsoever to the head unit. I haven't ran any other cables other than the ISO - quad lock adapter, but thought this would at least power on the unit. Is there anything else I need to do ?

Attached is a pic of my OEM head unit connections. The individual plug pictured I have disconnected from the quad lock connector as it doesn't connect to the stereo at all, I do not have phone prep or steering wheel controls, would this be designed for this ?

Any help appreciated as I am starting to hit my head against the wall lol

Thanks in advance

The Audi uses the can bus to sense the ignition & turn on the unit, so when you go aftermarket you need to run an ignition feed. Not certain about all the pin-outs but there is a diagram on the factory unit listing everything.

Thanks John, I have it operating to a certain degree now. I had a previous bury system in the car so fortunately someone before had wired a nice fused ignition feed.

Rear speakers aren't working though, so I think I may be wrong in thinking that I had a non amped system and actually have a half amped system ? Do you know how to tell fo defo ?

Looks to me according to the pin out on the stereo that there is a Bose lead connected ? But no Bose branding in the car at all. ?