Advice / Opinions

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

Currently own an S3 Saloon FL (only 16 months old), but up until Nov 2016 I had an S5 Black Edition Sportback 3.0 Supercharged and missing it.

Anyway, I've asked the dealership for figures on a used '18 plate S5 Coupe in Floret Silver with 4,000 miles (to be checked as I think this is a typo as it's only 2 weeks old) and fully kitted out with pretty much every package including Magma red leather, pano roof etc etc.

Advertised at £46k.

Suspecting negative equity in the S3 plus used car finance rates might not throw up great figures but in for a penny in for a pound (few thousand!).

Not driven the third generation A/S5.

Would welcome any thoughts on the price and opinions on the current model, and things to look out for.

Thanks!
:thumbs up:

Hi

Currently own an S3 Saloon FL (only 16 months old), but up until Nov 2016 I had an S5 Black Edition Sportback 3.0 Supercharged and missing it.

Anyway, I've asked the dealership for figures on a used '18 plate S5 Coupe in Floret Silver with 4,000 miles (to be checked as I think this is a typo as it's only 2 weeks old) and fully kitted out with pretty much every package including Magma red leather, pano roof etc etc.

Advertised at £46k.

Suspecting negative equity in the S3 plus used car finance rates might not throw up great figures but in for a penny in for a pound (few thousand!).

Would welcome any thoughts on the price and opinions on the current model, and things to look out for.

Thanks!
How strange, I nipped into Sterling Audi late today and saw/bought the one they had for sale in silver £46,850!!!

Reactions: BarryG79 and Audi Bairn
How strange, I nipped into Sterling Audi late today and saw/bought the one they had for sale in silver £46,850!!!
Lol, your A5 is barely run in :tearsofjoy:

Sterling is a furniture outlet, that's an expensive sofa lol

Reactions: S32B, SamR92, 4K and 3 others
Hi

Advertised at £46k.

Thanks!

Make sure you drive it first, as it is a different car from the last gen. Having gone from an S3 Saloon to an S5 Sportback (both high spec) it is a definite step up in refinement, tech and interior imo. I absolutely loved my S3, but the S5 is in a different class. Downsides are the rather lazy gearbox (although it promotes a different driving style when not in sport which isn’t a bad thing), fuel economy (haha), and that’s about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Make sure you drive it first, as it is a different car from the last gen. Having gone from an S3 Saloon to an S5 Sportback (both high spec) it is a definite step up in refinement, tech and interior imo. I absolutely loved my S3, but the S5 is in a different class. Downsides are the rather lazy gearbox (although it promotes a different driving style when not in sport which isn’t a bad thing), fuel economy (haha), and that’s about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, totally get what you're saying. My last one was S-tronic + Supercharged, new one is Tiptronic + turbo.
If I get any joy with the figures, I'll arrange a 24 hour (at least) test drive and take on my usual test route via the Trossachs.

Reactions: Joetidman
lol you'd think the amount of times I went up North with the S3 I'd spell Stirling correctly!!! lol :blink:

take on my usual test route via the Trossachs.
That sounds painful mate! :p

You on about this one then? https://www.lookers.co.uk/audi/used-cars/8457570-audi-s5-coup-3.0-tfsi-quattro-354-ps-tiptronic/

If so it looks the nuts mate, I loved the power and grip of the S3, but the shape of the A5 and ride comfort makes up for it :) If going for the S5 you get the best of both!!!

Save your cash and persuade the wife it's time to change the TT ;);)

lol you'd think the amount of times I went up North with the S3 I'd spell Stirling correctly!!! lol :blink:

That sounds painful mate! :p

You on about this one then? https://www.lookers.co.uk/audi/used-cars/8457570-audi-s5-coup-3.0-tfsi-quattro-354-ps-tiptronic/

If so it looks the nuts mate, I loved the power and grip of the S3, but the shape of the A5 and ride comfort makes up for it :) If going for the S5 you get the best of both!!!

Save your cash and persuade the wife it's time to change the TT ;);)

Lol! Hers has only done 7k miles in 16 months..... she’s not getting to change haha! And anyway, she still wants a Defender (don’t get me started).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol! Hers has only done 7k miles in 16 months..... she’s not getting to change haha! And anyway, she still wants a Defender (don’t get me started).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
lol a TT t0 a defender!!! :blink:

I've done less than 2,000 in 5 months...but the weather has been bad! :(

A Defender...I had a lot of respect for her with a TT...that has vanished. Watch out it will be horticulture next and or horror of horror...horses!

A Defender...I had a lot of respect for her with a TT...that has vanished. Watch out it will be horticulture next and or horror of horror...horses!

Lol!
Her last few cas have been Z4 Roadster, TT, TT, A4 & TT
But, despite me trying to tell her she'll regret it, she has always fancied one although they're even more overpriced now since they stopped making them. As a compromise I've been looking at Nene Overland and Khan conversions.

Reactions: S32B and BarryG79