Advice on which FMIC to go for ?S3 8L

s3evil34

Reaction score
Hi so been looking at fmic been reading up on here . I want to keep my fog lights seems airtec is a good choice . Just want one that fits well really just want a bit of advise before i buy cheers .

Hi mate. The Airtec is a good choice for a FMIC and retains the fogs, as does the Forge Intercooler but it is a little pricey from new. As a cheaper option you could buy your own intercooler and pipe work then modify and custom fit it yourself to retain the fog lights. Research wellycooler and find out the correct measurements for the parts you require. This is a popular choice for many S3 owners and probably will set you back about £250. Hope this helps :icon thumright:

Thanks billy that does help . I might even buy one of a guy on this forum .As long as it does its job and keeps my foglights im happy . Also does any one no what inlet temputure starts to pull timing on the s3 ?

Yeah cheers tuffty i forgot you told me this before . So low really alot of cars like the mini cooper s hit it at 50 .guess thats why the fmic is needed as soon as you tune even a little bit .

Toyosport type b..get all fittings off flea bay fmic is nicknamed welly cooler read the stickies.

The beauty of the airtec is the silicon hoses are already pre-formed.
The forge one is only 50mm inlet/outlet