Advice on Vacuum Hoses

S3 CYP

Reaction score
Would any of you be able to confirm that if I was to change the vacuum hoses like in the follwoing picture example will there be fluid loss or de-pressurisation if I attempt the same.

IMG_0053.jpg

I have some silicone vaccum hoses lying around in various sizes that I found while having a clear out yesterday and it just got me thinking that I could use it on the s3 engine bay.

Thanks

Are this sizes in the pic correct? You state 4mm in the N249 thread Welly and this shows 3.5mm - or does it not really matter?

It's close enough, silicone hose is reasonably flexible and will stretch over without too much problem... If not, then a kettle and hot water will aid you... :)

Thanks Welly for the reply. I am ready with the TIP, top boost hoses and the newly found silicone but your right the crap weather makes it a pain in the a*** to crack on with.

With regards to the 3.5mm your have troubles getting that in this country, only american sites stock that size. 4mm will be fine its just means that you have to use clips with 3.5mm you may not need to as it would be a very snug fit.