Advice on stone chips

Voronus

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some quick advice.

Last week I was driving on a dual carriageway and overtook a lorry at the exact wrong time. It drove into a pot hole and showered my 6 week old S4 with stones. Not happy!!

Picture attached, there are about 10 chips but that is the worst group just to the bottom left of the v6 badge.

I had the car ceramic coated last month with Siramik. Not sure if that limits what products I can use to try and remove the chips? They are not too deep or big luckily.

Any and all advice most welcome and appreciated. I'm new to this detailing world. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180106_120830-1512x2016.jpg
    20180106_120830-1512x2016.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 159
1.easiest way buy either a chipex kit or touch up pen and follow the instructions they'll pass a inspection but these don't last also apply a dark wax over the above Dodo Juice do purple haze for dark cars
More difficult way touch up pen then wet sand them using 2000 grit sandpaper doing a area of around the size of a 10p, then polish back up using a rotary polisher this way will give far better and more long lasting results
The wet sanding will reduce the excess paint from the touch up pen giving a more professional look

Reactions: T-800
1.easiest way buy either a chipex kit or touch up pen and follow the instructions they'll pass a inspection but these don't last also apply a dark wax over the above Dodo Juice do purple haze for dark cars
More difficult way touch up pen then wet sand them using 2000 grit sandpaper doing a area of around the size of a 10p, then polish back up using a rotary polisher this way will give far better and more long lasting results
The wet sanding will reduce the excess paint from the touch up pen giving a more professional look

Thanks. I am certain method two is beyond me so will try method 1. Is there no conflict with the ceramic coating? The detailer i used explicitly said not to apply any wax on top of it

Thanks. I am certain method two is beyond me so will try method 1. Is there no conflict with the ceramic coating? The detailer i used explicitly said not to apply any wax on top of it
The chipex kit contains a alcohol solution to mimiise the applied paint this prevents the pebbled look that most touch up pens alone will leave, get the chipex kit from ultimatefinish.co.uk also buy the trial size pot of purple haze, l used it on my sepang blue paint which had been ceramic coated the small area that you'd be waxing won't conflict with ceramic coating, when the ceramic coating begins to falter and they do, you'll end up applying a wax on it anyways

If buying Chipex from Chipex UK, try this discount code for 10 percent off - TryChipexFB16.

JG

Reactions: Jassyo06
And DO NOT use the supplied polish you get with it, it's rougher than a Badgers ****

Reactions: T-800