Advice on splitting rear lights to change bulbs

Rays18

East Tattoo
Reaction score
So my reverse bulbs are done and need replaced.
Ive searched and searched and got a half *** semi attempt of a guide which is next to useless.

Can anyone give any help or provide a decent guide for this please.

what car is it on if its a salon then there is 2 screws on the inside of the boot by the light undo them light unit will now pull off the car when you have dones this you will see at the back of thew light unit a part that you can unclip needs to be puled at the same time

i own a cabriolet but im sure its the same as the saloon/avant.

You should have a plastic bung in the boot behind each light like this
IMAG0348-1.jpg

remove that by twisting it

then use a phillips screwdriver and undo the screw that is behind the bung, this holds the light in

IMAG0349-1.jpg
now you just have to un clip the light, its clipped on behind the light furthest from the boot as you can see from the photo, the two hooks/clips you just need to tap the light away from the car and it will unclip, it may feel like your going to brake it but dont worry it will coem off.
IMAG0350-1.jpg

then just change your bulb.
IMAG0351.jpg

Yes there is a cat in my boot, i have no idea whos it is but i opened my boot and it ran over and jumpped in meowing lol:p

Last edited:
Just inside the boot is a gromet on the rear inside boot panel. Pop this off and there's a screw inside, you'll maybe need an extension to undo it. DO NOT DROP IT!

Once this is out the light cluster is loose, if you pull away the rear to the side, it hinges around the front/side of the cluster and will then pop off. You can unplug it if you wish. The PCB on the back of the light unit clips off and you can access the bulbs.

VagCabby's pics show all you need to know.

Thank you so much for the replies and especially for the pics.
Enjoy the cat lol

KILL all cats !!!!!