Advice on second hand exhaust price

Alex_Wil

S3 - DSG - Black Edition - TTE Hybrid Turbo
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Hi

Will most likely be selling my full Miltek exhaust system with sports cat but need to know people's thought on price I'd get for it ?

It's 1 years old

Cheers

Alex

I can see this becoming an auction ;) haha .

I'll be swapping to a Bcs decat system :) just working out money Lol

Reactions: leshkin
Hahaha,

Nah I'm not going down that route again it's so nice having a nice quiet exhaust lol.

BCS is better than the Milltek??

Miltek can be quiet ;)

Hmm this is something I'm also exploring but I have been told the Miltek can be more restrictive with more power and Bcs seems to get rave reviews

I'm not sure about raw power gains from BCS system, but based on my limited research/understanding and a long chat with Nige from BCS (while my system was being fitted), it's one of the least restrictive systems available, with full 3" from turbo. Additionally, with the powervalve option, you get the benefit of more torque in the lower rpm range due to the extra backpressure caused by the closed exhaust valve when off boost. Then there's the very high quality build of these systems... Definitely hard to beat even if you factor in the price for a full system.

In any case, I guess that it's always about the overall set of modifications that have to complement each other, so a BCS system alone would not necessarily give more power than, say, a Miltek. Would be very interesting to see how both compare when paired with a good CAI, map and uprated HPFP! I wonder if anyone else is going to the April's AMD RR day with the above mods, but with a full Miltek system? Would be great to see the two side-by-side!

Reactions: Alex_Wil
That's the understanding I got as well which is good to know .

I am actually getting a dyno done on Friday at austec racing and will be running loba hpfp , Miltek and amd Cai . Then after rolling road day I will be fitting the Bcs and swapping for revo Cai and going back to austec so I should be able to let you know how it differs :) this will be end April though

Reactions: leshkin
Mot on the 18th April so need to keep the Miltek cat on there to make sure I pass ;) haha

Mot on the 18th April so need to keep the Miltek cat on there to make sure I pass ;) haha
I'm after a DP and Cat to mate upto standard cat back, let me know what privce you'd be thinking for both or are you only wanting to sell full system?

I'd be looking to sell the full system I'm afraid unless someone took the rest at the same time

Was hoping more £600 with the sports cat -

May start a bid on ebay with reserve £500 once its off and see what happens - will post in here too

...... I wonder if anyone else is going to the April's AMD RR day with the above mods, but with a full Miltek system? Would be great to see the two side-by-side!

I can do a demo of a kind of hybrid Nortech/Milltek/AMD exhaust.......LOL

That's true- put it in the for sale - wont be off till the 19th April but good to generate interest before - may be getting rid the AMD cai and having the revo instead

That's true- put it in the for sale - wont be off till the 19th April but good to generate interest before - may be getting rid the AMD cai and having the revo instead
Has the AMD intake given issues or just the Revo looks nicer?

This is what i have been told before - be good to see how both alter the car if at all :)

Further to the above - i did have a smoke test done ages ago and i did have a leak around the MAF - but AMD did replace the hosing. Im just very curious to see if there is any difference in the car with the revo on compared to the AMD

No Issues but want to see the differences with the revo and AMD - they both do like nice so undecided

I can understand that.....I've still got the rather ugly looking ITG,which is functional rather than in any way good looking...LOL

If I need a bigger MAF housing etc,that may all change.

One other thing to consider with the BCS vs Miltek is the drone the Miltek creates, as well as the performance improvements, BCS pride themselves on having created something that sounds fantastic how ever the car is being driven.

I find with my Miltek there's a drone . Especially moterway driving ! Can be annoying

Reactions: RustyBucket