Advice on remapping! 2010 A6 3.0TDi Avant Le Mans Quattro (with flappy paddles!)

Barnaby Moore

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am totally new to this site and this is my first post. I replaced my 2005 BMW 330d M Sport with a 2010 A6 3.0TDi Quattro with automatic gearbox and steering wheel paddle change back in October 2011. The Audi is marginally more powerful but also a lot heavier, so the performance isn't quite up to that of the Beemer (though it DOES perform through winter - the reason for getting rid of the BMW was that once there was a bit of white stuff on the ground it rarely went anywhere!)

So, the obvious 'simple' performance upgrade is a remap. My independent Audi garage offers this service, but I must admit I baulked at the price quoted - £420all in for an estimated 30bhp.

What is the general consensus on this price, and also the estimated BHP gain? Any recommendations for mobile remappers in the Buckinghamshire area? Also, anything I should look out for when remapping this engine (3.0TDi 240PS)?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to ASN. Any pics of the car? Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

I dont think your car can be remapped through the OBD - This changed in 2010 where the ECU physically has to be removed, opened up and direct programming to the EPROM chip.

IMO I wouldn't use a mobile remapper - you need one with a dyno to show before and after results in BHP ;)

Last edited:
This does fit with what I was told by the garage, who estimated the job would take at least 3 hours, which seems like a long time to plug in a computer and tweak some settings. I think I need to do a little bit of research into this!

I'll post some photos of the car once I've washed it - all this sunny weather is great, but it's hardly conducive to keeping the car clean!!

Last edited:
Hello,

As mentioned, the ECU needs to be removed to be remapped. 3 hrs is actually not very long to do one of these, we would want more time. Initial calibration, then we'd datalog, then perform additional changes - rinse and repeat.

Rick