Facelift Advice on next car

Oh my days. The better part of £2000 with auto dimming and RS caps!! Insanity. I'll keep looking for the right car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad isn’t it!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Update:

Got a cracking offer for my S4. Straight sale and funnily enough, from the original dealership I purchased from. Think I'll be doing this and hopefully get good news at the bank Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Allows me to just get out there and go buy a car. No part Ex.

Oh. A dealer in Aberdeen basically said they couldn't part Ex my S4 because it was high mileage for its age Said he couldn't make an offer I'd be happy with. I was bamboozled. They've got an RS4 that's been sitting there and I was offering a deposit to secure. Madness. My car is sub 30k miles (just). Not 80k!

Any news/update @Thundercliffe81 ? Hope you had good news from bank :icon thumright:

Any news/update @Thundercliffe81 ? Hope you had good news from bank :icon thumright:

Money in. Deposit on something that literally popped out of the blue. And that's a hint for the colour. Car is in tomorrow for its health check and prep etc. So I'll know more then. Is this happening?

Reactions: h1r4, Riko0073, Spaceman_RS3 and 2 others
Nice one...Sepang then :icon thumright:

Money in. Deposit on something that literally popped out of the blue. And that's a hint for the colour. Car is in tomorrow for its health check and prep etc. So I'll know more then. Is this happening?

It will be Sepang with full bling!

Good luck hope it turns out to be what you want. Obviously we need pictures!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
It will be Sepang with full bling!

Good luck hope it turns out to be what you want. Obviously we need pictures!

It's a bit more bling than I first seen. Not the Matt Titanium V spokes but the dreaded 'polished' *gasp. Haha. They'll be getting powder coated in due course. Great spec though. I'll get all details up when I can.

Reactions: no_idea, Jcbmally and NevMan
It's a bit more bling than I first seen. Not the Matt Titanium V spokes but the dreaded 'polished' *gasp. Haha. They'll be getting powder coated in due course. Great spec though. I'll get all details up when I can.

Tick tock, anticipation is getting to me now :yes:

Reactions: Robbe, NevMan and Thundercliffe81
and me :scared2:

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Jcbmally

Are you getting it used approved from Audi?

Polished rotors, not seem them, or do you mean diamond cut multi spoke 19s?

When do you hope to pick it up?

Are you getting it used approved from Audi?

Polished rotors, not seem them, or do you mean diamond cut multi spoke 19s?

When do you hope to pick it up?

Remember that alloy pic I put up and we couldn't quite place it? It's them. 20" V spoke Alloys Titanium finish but polished. But matte.

Audi used approved yes. They're going to see the brake pad and disc thickness tomorrow. Replace if needed.

I'm hoping Saturday for pick up. Just got to drive down to Poole now to sell my car and get a lift back up North in the C63! Fuel concerns haha.

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
Remember that alloy pic I put up and we couldn't quite place it? It's them. 20" V spoke Alloys Titanium finish but polished. But matte.

Audi used approved yes. They're going to see the brake pad and disc thickness tomorrow. Replace if needed.

I'm hoping Saturday for pick up. Just got to drive down to Poole now to sell my car and get a lift back up North in the C63! Fuel concerns haha.

Ah yes, Bedford or Peterborough Audi?

Just check the wheels can be re-cut if you want them back to standard?

How many miles has it done? I have just replaced my front discs and pads at 30k. I am going to do the rears soon. Although I could get away with just doing pads as discs still have meat on them.

The fronts only have a 2mm wear limit, mine were bang on bottom thickness.

On other news my car passed its MOT today with no adviseries. Also while is was in I had the 4 wheel alignment done and an aircon service.

Reactions: NevMan, Thundercliffe81 and Spaceman_RS3
Ah yes, Bedford or Peterborough Audi?

Just check the wheels can be re-cut if you want them back to standard?

How many miles has it done? I have just replaced my front discs and pads at 30k. I am going to do the rears soon. Although I could get away with just doing pads as discs still have meat on them.

The fronts only have a 2mm wear limit, mine were bang on bottom thickness.

On other news my car passed its MOT today with no adviseries. Also while is was in I had the 4 wheel alignment done and an aircon service.

Congrats on that buddy. No headaches for you. The car is slightly higher mileage but the spec is very decent. 44k miles. They're checking the brakes today but I'm gonna ask to have them done. I know they should be done between 30-40k miles. Is that right?

At what thickness 'should' they be replaced? They're going to let me know today so be good to have that info my back pocket. Much appreciated

Congrats on that buddy. No headaches for you. The car is slightly higher mileage but the spec is very decent. 44k miles. They're checking the brakes today but I'm gonna ask to have them done. I know they should be done between 30-40k miles. Is that right?

At what thickness 'should' they be replaced? They're going to let me know today so be good to have that info my back pocket. Much appreciated

I will double check when I get to work, as I still have the old discs. If they haven't been done yet they will need doing very soon.

I will double check when I get to work, as I still have the old discs. If they haven't been done yet they will need doing very soon.

Yeah. After you said, I emailed her pretty much saying I just want them done. Cheers man.

Right fronts start at 34.4mm and minimum thickness is 32.4mm.
Rears start at 22mm and minimum thickness is 20mm
I would be very surprised if they have not been replaced already. Some dealers have replaced them anything from about 15k miles from what I have read.
My rears are on 21.4mm after 31k miles, but the pads are low and need replacing soon. As I said previously I am going to do discs too. I have polished the machining marks from the alloy centre, giving it a brushed finish and have painted the outer and inner edges in a high temp silver. I will then apply Gyeon Rim to help protect it and keep it looking good.
This is the rear waiting to be fitted.
7afbde2bccea6cee91cced2c026f6742.jpg
7812f5e2d7b77c481c08388cceddc359.jpg

Right fronts start at 34.4mm and minimum thickness is 32.4mm.
Rears start at 22mm and minimum thickness is 20mm
I would be very surprised if they have not been replaced already. Some dealers have replaced them anything from about 15k miles from what I have read.
My rears are on 21.4mm after 31k miles, but the pads are low and need replacing soon. As I said previously I am going to do discs too. I have polished the machining marks from the alloy centre, giving it a brushed finish and have painted the outer and inner edges in a high temp silver. I will then apply Gyeon Rim to help protect it and keep it looking good.
This is the rear waiting to be fitted.
7afbde2bccea6cee91cced2c026f6742.jpg
7812f5e2d7b77c481c08388cceddc359.jpg

Woah. I wouldn't know where to start with that haha. They look great. I think I'd like to get into all this. If not just for the all round savings but the knowledge and skill set too. I really should know how to change my own brakes.

Rs4 fronts are easy peasy the rears are pretty straight forward too with a winding tool.

Rs4 fronts are easy peasy the rears are pretty straight forward too with a winding tool.
Ideally need VCDS as the electric hand brake needs to be retracted.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit

That's what I thought as well... Can't you damage them by winding them back?

That's what I thought as well... Can't you damage them by winding them back?
Yes I believe you can, I think there is another way by removing the motor and manually winding it, but not looked into that as I have VCDS.

Reactions: Daggerit and Thundercliffe81
Yes I believe you can, I think there is another way by removing the motor and manually winding it, but not looked into that as I have VCDS.

So much to learn

Reactions: NevMan
yes, like learning how to upload specs and pics of RS4 :whistle2:

Ooft. Ice cold!

18b99bcb09bfa4890f06e91d4723ea95.png

0482a012218cc41b96180bbdaf799ddf.png

25cd9a6fe961c8acc8ee65168acc53a6.png

151693c516df54b7421c996134d1cab5.png

44k mile. Waiting on photos/videos/health report. 4 new tyres just fitted (this will let me know how looked after it's been in general haha).

Waiting on full itemised service history but they inform me they know the customer very well and has cherished his cars. We'll see. Had to bang a deposit down based on the spec alone.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Spaceman_RS3, Robbe and 1 other person
just noticed my mates' WhatsApp message at top of first photo.

Ooft. Ice cold!

18b99bcb09bfa4890f06e91d4723ea95.png

0482a012218cc41b96180bbdaf799ddf.png

25cd9a6fe961c8acc8ee65168acc53a6.png

151693c516df54b7421c996134d1cab5.png

44k mile. Waiting on photos/videos/health report. 4 new tyres just fitted (this will let me know how looked after it's been in general haha).

Waiting on full itemised service history but they inform me they know the customer very well and has cherished his cars. We'll see. Had to bang a deposit down based on the spec alone.

haha, ice cold indeed.

wow, VERY nice spec, pretty loaded!!
LOL on the whatsapp message on 1st pic.

Look forward to pics, and hope all checks out service and health-wise

Reactions: Daggerit and Thundercliffe81
haha, ice cold indeed.

wow, VERY nice spec, pretty loaded!!
LOL on the whatsapp message on 1st pic.

Look forward to pics, and hope all checks out service and health-wise

As long as I've got the warranty stating in writing they'll replace DRC/front or rear diff/s tronic box if not already maintained then I'm happy. Sepang Blue/lunar interior btw

Reactions: Jcbmally, A12RNX, Daggerit and 1 other person

Oh yea forgot about that on the b8 was the b7 I done last time with a real handbrake

Reactions: no_idea and NevMan
Vehicle prep time is not my friend.

Weekend collection unlikely.

All oil changes being done, 4 new tyres, new key, exhaust centre clamps. It's being driven direct to prep centre right now (instead of waiting on Transporter) but it's in a queue. Balls.

The wheels are Matte apparently which could be bonus. Just gonna check the video. Brakes at 10% worn front. 40% worn rear.

See Bmw lol audi I think have given up on them
Very true, but then their interiors are still stuck in the dark ages, but getting better.

Audi going off the sale the other way with touch screens everywhere which isn't ideal IMO.
Might need to pick up a B9 RS4 myself in a couple years

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81

All oil changes being done, 4 new tyres, new key, exhaust centre clamps. It's being driven direct to prep centre right now (instead of waiting on Transporter) but it's in a queue. Balls.

The wheels are Matte apparently which could be bonus. Just gonna check the video. Brakes at 10% worn front. 40% worn rear.
Stuck in the new plate queue, but then didn't think Audi had any to sell. Suppose could be used queue

Very true, but then their interiors are still stuck in the dark ages, but getting better.

Audi going off the sale the other way with touch screens everywhere which isn't ideal IMO.
Might need to pick up a B9 RS4 myself in a couple years

Think I'd look at one too down the line. If a decent exhaust ever gets created for it haha. It's a very fiiiiiiine looking car though. And must handle exceptionally.

Stuck in the new plate queue, but then didn't think Audi had any to sell. Suppose could be used queue

Used queue apparently. But it's Wednesday today. You'd think by Sunday would be ok

Used queue apparently. But it's Wednesday today. You'd think by Sunday would be ok

Have you done an MOT history check?

We need to watch the video too

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81

The wheels have definitely been refurbished, silver does suit the car.
Just check they aren't referring to the pad wear. Ideally you need disc thickness to assess total brake wear.
Very good spec. Is it a facelift model?

Have you done an MOT history check?

We need to watch the video too

Do I need to pay for that? You can spot the absolute PCP Lifestlyer stepping back into used after 6 years can't you?

The video. Arrrrr yes. The video. It has her face on it so not sure she'd like that to be shared on here. It's a toughy though as you'd all 150% appreciate all content

The wheels have definitely been refurbished, silver does suit the car.
Just check they aren't referring to the pad wear. Ideally you need disc thickness to assess total brake wear.
Very good spec. Is it a facelift model?

Have you seen it?