Advice On New Double Din Headunit.

Tim@G

Reaction score
My b7 avant has the NON bose audi symphony 6 cd double din headunit fitted as standard which I have been more than happy with until recently, I decided that I wanted phone connectivity so purchased a parrot mki9200 as I was also keen to play music from my phone in the car, this has sat in the box and not installed as I decided I wasnt keen on having little devices fixed to my dash.

Ive been doing some reaserch and was just wondering what others have gone for. I want something that looks like it belongs in the dash, sat nav isnt particularly important. I have android devices that id be wanting to connect with.

So any pics of your dash and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was having the same dilemma myself but have now decided to get myself a audi navigation plus rns-e system, it's being delivered this week so i can't really comment on it at the moment. I do already have phone connectivity installed so this was not an issue when deciding what unit to change to.

I was tempted by a rns-e system but am unsure. I was thinking more aftermarket than retro fit,

taking great interest in this thread,

Mine is currently fitted with the 6 disc symphony with an OE iPhone/ipod ma-bob for audio, would really like proper phone and audio control on the head unit via blue tooth....

I've done a fair bit of reading up on some of the other head units & opinions are varied, read alot of bad reports about the cheaper android type but some very good reviews on pioneer & alpine units, same old story I think at the end of the day you get what you pay for. Each to their own I guess.
My android HTC one connects via bluetooth flawlessly on my symphony II so am hoping it will with the rns-e when i get it fitted :icon thumright: