Advice on materials to detail.By hand wanted.

plumet

Reaction score
I know there are lots of threads on how to detail but i need the basic version for a quick once over now and then.
I am not able to clean the car at the front door ,have no water or power.So i have always gone to car washes.
The car is 2003 and seen a few keys! hence i do not worry much.
The car does need a going over now and i want to have a go myself but not spend ages and loads of maoney on it.
I can give it a good wash ok but do i then use t-cut to get worst off then polish,i got mer.
Can i damage paint with t-cut by hand? do i use straight lines when using or circular.
Any advice on a simply spruce up will be cool.

1) dont use T-Cut its only for a one off removal / refresh of paint. the clue is in the name it cuts the paint back.
2) Post up some pics and we can see what needs doing.
3) I also have no water but its given it a good wash, valet and used many layers of a quality polish such as autoglym super resin.
4) "not spend ages" well unfortunately your sh*t out of look here as time is whats needed to get the car gleaming. Money can be kept under control by using a autoglym (eh you say) but using a quality product like autoglym will last the longest thus give you better value.

Theres no easy way out of it, There are options if water is not available and i always think a good wash is an efficient one.

If the paint condition is poor i would recommend finding a detailer to initially correct it back up to standard. After that its on you to maintain the finish. There are products like optimum no rinse which are recommended highly for a weekly clean if water is not available to bring out to the front of the house.

When i said i have no access to water i meant that a can not us hosepipe/jetwash etc.I can get buckets etc but not outside my door.
Anything will improve the look of the car and i was hoping i could just go and buy 2/3 products from halfords etc and away i go.
I have no idea what i need to do a basic going over, cutback/tcut/etc,then polish,then wax???????
The paint feels rough to touch odd stratch here and there some i know will never come out.would just like to get a good shine to it.

if you want to do it by hand then the best stuff i find to use is meguairs 3 stage system easy to use and last a long time due to the carnuba wax in the last stage , use a jet wash and dont ever take it to a auto car wash they ruin your paint the scratch the holy hell out of your paint

i do all mine by hand at the mo it is hard work n does take time to get tha finish u want however as good as my car is under close inspection it does have minor swirls this is unavoidable if ur detailing by hand but like me u can keep them to a minimum by careing for the car yourself never take it to the polish hand car washers theyl just enhance them swirls for you free of charge! use two bucket method to wash proper drying technique and apply the wax/polish/paint cleaner in the right conditions and order its hard work and has taken me servel months to get the black wet look i wanted and she doesnt scrub up too bad!

any detailing work will take a good while although if you do a full clean ie clay bar polish wax etc every month or 2 you can just give the car a quick wash and dry in the time between once a week.