Advice on injectors agu.

Mrharris2

Boost needed
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this site have seen some great cars and advice so thanks for the help I've had so far of you all.
I need abit of help was looking at new injectors for my AGU can anyone tell me if they need replacing and as I was going to anyway would it be worth getting calibra yellow injectors or new standard ones, abit contradictory here sorry lol.
Mods so far as follows. Turbo back 3" exhaust, 3" tip, fmic this weekend, k03s and 12 psi actuator waterpump and cambelt. then after new injectors off for a remap at badger5. anything else before a stage 2 map thanks Ben

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 129
Hi Ben, ideally you don't want to fit the yellow top injectors and the maf in until just before you map it if your going k03s. You can but you should only run it on actuator pressure. Well that's what I did...
I also replaced the o rings on them just to be safe.

Reactions: fanta
What I did do is put both the injectors and the fpr into an ultra sonic bath to help clean them up.

Ahh that's a good idea jay the ultrasonic bath idea. Yeah I didn't know wether to get new o ring or new injectors as its on 106k miles now.. Yeah fpr I got a 4 bar but read that you only need the 3bar so left 4bar it in the shed. I have fitted k03s already haven't used car much since fitting it but it runs rough pulls well then other times after 4k revs splutters like it need fuel or something obviously it needs remap first before running right. Do I need a vr6 maf aswell for the injectors to run correct after remap pal?

Give the injectors a clean first before buying a new set. Maybe get new o rings when you get the yellow top injectors. Spluttering could be caused by many things, fuelling , boost leaks etc... Has the car been mapped before fitting the k03s? You don't have to upgrade the maf and injectors unless you want that extra bit of bhp. With the maf you'd want a vr6 3" maf OBDII

Just gave them a clean they came up well to be fair rings look fine to me look new but will buy new just incase... I just get oil on the 3rd injector on the right... No wasn't remapped before its ****e when they are standard didn't think it was worth mapping before fitting m03s as I knew I was getting one soon. Now to get the map done and some new wheels. Cheers for the help mate.

No worries, when I said clean I meant ultra sonic bath (sorry).

Yeah you did say ultra sonic at first lol I havmt got one so bathed them in bleach and hot water gave them a clean let it settle for ten minutes washed again. Probably broke them knowing me lol. I'm one of those that if I wanted to change a simple hose I would snap the hose in half. Me and cars don't work

I got one of these bath things for a tenner so I'm gonna give this a whirl.