Advice on buying an A6 Avant

Cheers guys. Going to go through the figures with a fine tooth comb tonight and if they add up I'll get the roof as I think it'd be a nice QoL upgrade :)

I'd sooner go for Super Sports Seats but I'm very tall so not sure they'd be very appropriate for me with a non-adjustable headrest.

Try them before you rejected them, I've also added the ss seats to my spec.

Revelation over the weekend is that I've now seen the savings available on a new car on carwow... getting in contact with Stoke Audi who are offering a brand new BE Avant (auto) at just over £31k when bought on PCP, a saving of almost 25%!

I assume this is a 2.0 TDI non-quattro?

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of PCP deal have you managed to get? I'm interested in the saloon but no idea what the monthlies look like

Price through orangewheels is £33937 for Black Edition Avant with Tech Pack and Pano roof, list price £45200. I'm paying a large deposit so monthlies wouldn't be representative for most but APR is at 3.9% so you can use any calculator online to quickly see what your monthlies would be with your deposit and GMFV etc.

My car has been ordered!

Audi A6 Avant TDI Ultra Black Edition S Tronic.

Options I chose were daytona grey paint, technology pack and panoramic sunroof (couldn't resist). Terrific deal through Orangewheels and Crawley Audi.

And now the wait begins! Quoted all through the process as December estimated delivery but we'll see whether they can deliver on that.

Reactions: TunnelRat, B5NUT, Rhyso and 1 other person
My car has been ordered!

Audi A6 Avant TDI Ultra Black Edition S Tronic.

Options I chose were daytona grey paint, technology pack and panoramic sunroof (couldn't resist). Terrific deal through Orangewheels and Crawley Audi.

And now the wait begins! Quoted all through the process as December estimated delivery but we'll see whether they can deliver on that.

Congratulations - hope the wait is not too long. I went the same route with mine - Orangewheels and then Crawley. PM or search my threads/ posts I am sure you wont have the same problems.

I have also ordered Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI 272 PS Black Edition through Orangewheels/Crawley Audi at the end of July. Still waiting on final confirmation of due date. Being told December by dealer but no build slot been allocated yet. Does anyone have any more information on current lead times for BE vehicles?

You should have had a build date by now, I would contact Audi UK directly my order was the 12th of July, and the car is now in the build process.

Reactions: A6MAH
You should have had a build date by now, I would contact Audi UK directly my order was the 12th of July, and the car is now in the build process.

Thank you. I received a voicemail today from the dealer to say that still no build date been allocated by Audi..... The lady concerned said she is going to chase Audi UK next week, however I will take your advice and contact them myself. You ordered your car approx. 2 weeks before me so it's good to hear your car us in the build process. When is your delivery date?

Thank you. I received a voicemail today from the dealer to say that still no build date been allocated by Audi..... The lady concerned said she is going to chase Audi UK next week, however I will take your advice and contact them myself. You ordered your car approx. 2 weeks before me so it's good to hear your car us in the build process. When is your delivery date?

I ordered mine after you guys, mid August, and have a build date of 26th Sept. My order tracking app has also moved to stage 3, 'preparation'.
So I'd definitely chase Audi to check nothing is amiss.

My car is in "Paint shop" at the moment, and the build & QC should take another 2-3 days. After that they are allowed 4 weeks to deliver the car to the dealer! I got a build week early last month so you have had yours last month, and from what other people have posted about their build week, it 's getting to the point where you will be lucky to get delivery this year, if you have not been allocated a build week.

You could also go back to the dealer and ask them if they have any A6 "dealer stock" orders that could be changed to your specification.

I ordered mine after you guys, mid August, and have a build date of 26th Sept. My order tracking app has also moved to stage 3, 'preparation'.
So I'd definitely chase Audi to check nothing is amiss.

Thank you. I will chase the dealer to find out what's going on regarding my order.

My car is in "Paint shop" at the moment, and the build & QC should take another 2-3 days. After that they are allowed 4 weeks to deliver the car to the dealer! I got a build week early last month so you have had yours last month, and from what other people have posted about their build week, it 's getting to the point where you will be lucky to get delivery this year, if you have not been allocated a build week.

You could also go back to the dealer and ask them if they have any A6 "dealer stock" orders that could be changed to your specification.

I hope nothing is amiss with my order. Thanks for the information though and sounds promising regarding your car. I will chase the dealer again and ask regarding any A6 "dealer stock" orders.

Have kept on chasing dealer as order placed on 29/7/16 and still no build date...... No real progress so finally lost patience today and rang Audi UK. It transpires that the dealership I've ordered through don't have any further allocation for BE A6 Avants at present, hence my order plus deposit have been taken but it's just in limbo awaiting further allocation.... Audi UK have been superb today, have apologised that the dealer hadn't communicated this to me and have escalated my case to endeavour to get the earliest possible build date confirmed. They've promised they'll give me an update by next Tuesday/Wednesday. Thanks to all for your help so far.

I had heard on another forum all of this year BE orders had been filled, but I cannot see why, there is nothing special about the black edition.

I was told by Crawley Audi last week that I'd get a build date in early October, but don't like the sound of that "no allocation left for BEs," which I've heard before.

Maybe I'll phone Audi UK this week as well just to check. I will get back with what they tell me. Ordered on the 14th September.

Have kept on chasing dealer as order placed on 29/7/16 and still no build date...... No real progress so finally lost patience today and rang Audi UK. It transpires that the dealership I've ordered through don't have any further allocation for BE A6 Avants at present, hence my order plus deposit have been taken but it's just in limbo awaiting further allocation.... Audi UK have been superb today, have apologised that the dealer hadn't communicated this to me and have escalated my case to endeavour to get the earliest possible build date confirmed. They've promised they'll give me an update by next Tuesday/Wednesday. Thanks to all for your help so far.

I see you also ordered your car with Crawley Audi. Which number did you ring for Audi UK and who helped you? Cheers

I rang 0800 699888 and spoke to a guy called Madassar (think correct spelling) on x 356028 who was very helpful and is escalating my case. To clarify one thing he did say that he felt the same dealer we're buying through had exhausted their allocation - Possibly this is due to their links with a company with citrus fruit in their name. He suggested that what they should be doing was speaking with other dealers within their group to try to get an allocation from elsewhere to help speed up the process regarding a build date. Good luck and let us know how you get on?

Ok thanks mate. I will give them a ring tomorrow just to ask whether there will be any issue or hold-up with my order. I'll post again what they say.

Tried ringing twice today and unfortunately their computer system is down so they couldn't help me, but I did get through to Madassar (presumably the same guy as you) the second time and he said he'd look into it and call me tomorrow with the information they have. Impressed with their service even if they couldn't help today.

Madassar seems very on the ball and phones back when he says he will. Good luck tomorrow.

So I got a call back from Muddaser today, it's as you said and as I feared. Crawley Audi has no more allocation for "this kind of vehicle," I'm guessing that means Black Edition A6s.

He said that more allocation is given at the beginning of each month, but couldn't say whether or not Crawley would get more allocation for this kind of car next month (October), so I'll be checking back next week to see if they have got any more.

I'm pretty disappointed. I wouldn't say Crawley Audi have lied to me but it definitely seems that they're not telling the truth really. The woman there told me she was hoping to give me a build date at the beginning of October so as I said I'll wait until later on next week and see whether there is any sign of movement.

I don't see myself cancelling the order or anything but I'll probably kick up a bit of a fuss with Crawley if I have to wait a whole other month before they can even give a build date. Oh well :(

I share your frustration. I placed my order with them at the end of July and am still awaiting a build date. My naivety really as I was told delivery date of mid to end November when the order was placed and I took them at their word. Like you I'm hoping to not have to cancel my order though it's going to be cutting things very fine as my current lease vehicle expires at the end of November.... I keep getting phone calls from my local Mercedes dealer who has some cracking deals on some E class estates and GLC SUV's which he has in stock which is tempting....

Very frustrating indeed. Fingers crossed you get the resolution you want soon as well.

I'd be happy to buy second hand but with 3.8% APR on a new car and 10.9% APR on used, with the discounts available on new cars it is an absolute no brainer.

Thank you. I've set my heart on the Audi so will just hope things move quickly from here on in. Hopefully you'll get your build date soon too.

There's been a few posts about cracking deals obtain through OrangeWheels.
I did get a quote but had already place an order with my local dealer who has agreed to do some dealer fit tweak to bridge the saving gap, but I digress.
The point is that OrangeWheels said that it was a London based dealer. Now I know Crawley isn't London but I'm just wondering if there's something fishy going on and Crawley are OWs go-to-dealer who are doing deals to undercut and secure an order and then, like you guys, string you along until they get more allocations. Like you, most will be reluctant to cancel. Have created a new thread asking people who've used OW which dealer they have put them in touch with.

I did get a quote but had already place an order with my local dealer who has agreed to do some dealer fit tweak to bridge the saving gap, but I digress.
The point is that OrangeWheels said that it was a London based dealer. Now I know Crawley isn't London but I'm just wondering if there's something fishy going on and Crawley are OWs go-to-dealer who are doing deals to undercut and secure an order and then, like you guys, string you along until they get more allocations. Like you, most will be reluctant to cancel. Have created a new thread asking people who've used OW which dealer they have put them in touch with.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the case. If nothing gets moving next month I'll be kicking up a fuss with Audi UK about it.

I was also told that it was a London based dealer..... I think you may have unearthed something here, I shall watch your new thread with interest.

So to update...

I had a few calls today with Serena at Audi UK who was absolutely fantastic. She was very concerned about the status of my order and seemed to really care for getting me a good outcome.

Firstly she called Crawley Audi whilst I held to ask whether they had any allocation at this time - they do not. She then asked me to phone Orangewheels (she couldn't due to data protection) to ask whether they deal with any other Audi dealers so I could get the order through another dealer. I phoned Orangewheels and interestingly no, Crawley Audi is the only dealership they order through, proving the theory I had in the other thread.

I relayed this information to her when she called me back, after which she phoned every other dealer (all in the space of ~1 hour) within the Inchcape group as Crawley agreed that they would allow my order to be transferred to another dealer. Unfortunately, none of the Inchcape dealerships have any allocation for my type of vehicle (I assume A6 Avant BE) so my only option is to wait for the estimated delivery date which she says is now March '17. I later e-mailed my contact at Crawley Audi who has not filled me in on any of this. Her reply to my question asking if there was any update was simply that there is no update and that she would let me know when my order gets allocated a build date.

Serena at Audi UK said she'd try a few other things (I forget what she said) but my choice now seems to be to wait another 5 months to take delivery or to cancel the order. Not sure what I'll do yet but going to keep an eye out again for Used Cars until I hear more.

Cheers

My rejection/build/delivery took a total of 5 months, it does seam like a long time but in my case it just seam to go quickly.

Do you really want the the full BE spec, you can order the black trim along with the 20" wheels & Bose. OK you don't get a flat bottom steering wheel (easy retrofit), but could save you months of waiting and see if you can press the dealer to giving you a better discount, after all it was their mistake.

So to update...

I had a few calls today with Serena at Audi UK who was absolutely fantastic. She was very concerned about the status of my order and seemed to really care for getting me a good outcome.

Firstly she called Crawley Audi whilst I held to ask whether they had any allocation at this time - they do not. She then asked me to phone Orangewheels (she couldn't due to data protection) to ask whether they deal with any other Audi dealers so I could get the order through another dealer. I phoned Orangewheels and interestingly no, Crawley Audi is the only dealership they order through, proving the theory I had in the other thread.

I relayed this information to her when she called me back, after which she phoned every other dealer (all in the space of ~1 hour) within the Inchcape group as Crawley agreed that they would allow my order to be transferred to another dealer. Unfortunately, none of the Inchcape dealerships have any allocation for my type of vehicle (I assume A6 Avant BE) so my only option is to wait for the estimated delivery date which she says is now March '17. I later e-mailed my contact at Crawley Audi who has not filled me in on any of this. Her reply to my question asking if there was any update was simply that there is no update and that she would let me know when my order gets allocated a build date.

Serena at Audi UK said she'd try a few other things (I forget what she said) but my choice now seems to be to wait another 5 months to take delivery or to cancel the order. Not sure what I'll do yet but going to keep an eye out again for Used Cars until I hear more.

Cheers

Thanks for this update, I've just returned from a week's holiday so hadn't seen your reply. I've just looked at Audi tracker and my order doesn't appear to have changed so I guess I'll be in the same boat as you regarding delivery time. I'll ring Audi UK today to find out and will ring Crawley Audi tomorrow to give them a rocket!!

Just took delivery of my new A6 Avant 2.0TDI BE Ultra in Glacier White. Had to wait a long time but it's well worth the wait Odyn! Looks the biz and well happy with it!

I also went for the following cost options:-
  • Technology Package
  • Heated front seats
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • Door mirrors – electrically folding, adjustable and heated
  • Ambient Lighting
Zero value options:-
  • 20" x 8.5J '5-twin spoke' design allow wheels in matt titanium look
  • S line Sports Suspension
Let me know if you want me to answer any questions on any of the features in the meantime. I'm sure your wait will be over before you know it!

Cheers

AT

Thanks mate, enjoy your new car! Would love to see some pics!

As it happens my wait won't be so long after all...

Having heard nothing more from Audi UK or from Crawley, I took matters into my own hands. I've now paid a deposit and all but completed the purchase of a 2016 ex-demonstrator A6 Avant BE from Halesowen Audi.

The car is also in daytona and has those lovely twin spoke wheels, has heated seats and electrically folding mirrors. No tech pack unfortunately but I drove the car yesterday and it's definitely something I can live without, and am happy to be paying around £4500 less overall (£2500 lower price and ~£1500 more on p/x now vs March). I probably wouldn't have gone for this car without Audi's current sale event which has given me a £2000 deposit contribution and two services.

All being well the car is delivered to me next week! Oh and I cancelled my order with Crawley no problem.

Great to hear you've gotten sorted. I'd also love to see some photos. I'll get some decent ones of mine at the weekend.

Just been out in it and have to say the ambient lighting is something else! Love it!

Finally got build date of 5th December. The end is nigh...

Glad to hear you have a build date, when do you think you'll get the car in that case? January?

I ended up buying the car I described from Halesowen and I've actually had it for 2 weeks now! Very pleased overall and thanks to a £2000 deposit contribution, 2 free services and withdrawing from the finance package within 14 days I'm happy to have spent considerably less money than the brand new car would have costed me, I was getting very carried away with options!

Here are a couple of the more picturesque snaps I took of the car whilst out and about:

dvgtfQxh.jpg

Car

The only thing that annoys me a bit is the lack of tech pack but to be completely honest I know that I'd have been bored of it quickly anyway. I only use the screen to choose music etc. and have found myself folding it away on half the journeys. Likewise with the colour DIS I wish I did have it but I don't think I'm missing much actual functionality. Thankfully the car is the latest model so came with heated seats and electrically folding mirrors as standard. They even automatically fold on locking, a feature which has been bugged in recent non-tech pack A6s. Result!

Thanks. At a push the end of December but more realistically think it will be early to mid January.
Can't wait!!
Great pictures of your car, great colour and superb looking car, really glad it worked out for you.

Thanks. At a push the end of December but more realistically think it will be early to mid January.
Can't wait!!
Great pictures of your car, great colour and superb looking car, really glad it worked out for you.

Thanks! Any developments with your build yet?

I had a day off work today so decided to clean my filthy car and give it some winter protection with a wax and sealant product (Gyeon Wetcoat).

Also made a video for fun :D

Hi Odyn, latest is that the car is in the paint shop.... Dealer hopes to take delivery of the car by the end of December, worse case scenario, early January .

Good video, quite a transformation!!