Advice on a remap please

BigJoeyC

Hoping i can get some good advice if yous dont mind

Im looking to get an Audi A4 2009 72000 miles 2.0 TDI 143ps remapped by durham remaps to a stage 2, approx 190hp/300ftlb.

Is the turbo ok to cope with that power? Has anyone had any issues with remapping their audi diesels? Stage 1 is 170hp so im unsure which one to go with.

I know STOCK there are a range of powers available from the same engine up to 170hp. Is this just the ECU having a different map? Are any components, turbo or anything else different on these more powerful stock models ?

Thanks

Joe

Geoff Morritt

I used a company called Celtic Tuning and they gave the below results. Stage 1 means that all other std components will work well with this level of tune and will not also need upgrading. I have been running the car for 2 yrs now with no problems at all.

Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI CR 1968 cc 2008 170 bhp
Tuning Stage: Stage 1: 227 bhp 311 lb/ft

BigJoeyC

I used a company called Celtic Tuning and they gave the below results. Stage 1 means that all other std components will work well with this level of tune and will not also need upgrading. I have been running the car for 2 yrs now with no problems at all.

Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI CR 1968 cc 2008 170 bhp
Tuning Stage: Stage 1: 227 bhp 311 lb/ft
Thanks !
Are the turbo and other components in your stock 170hp audi the same as the ones in my 143hp ?

Geoff Morritt

No problem. I will have to let more knowledgeable folk answer that one, but as far as i was aware, I thought they were all the same engine/components, just in a different state of tune. If you go on their website, they will tell you what increases you can expect.

BigJoeyC

No problem. I will have to let more knowledgeable folk answer that one, but as far as i was aware, I thought they were all the same engine/components, just in a different state of tune. If you go on their website, they will tell you what increases you can expect.
Cheers Geoff, i was asuming the same but then i wonder, as i could never get 227hp out of a stock 143 so there must be a difference in components somewhere i would think

DickoB8

A6 Avant Black Edition
I’m sure the 170bhp’s come with a different turbo and bigger brakes as standard.

Check Darkside developments out at Barnsley for remapping and tuning they are the boys for VAG diesels.

Last edited:

BigJoeyC

I’m sure the 170bhp’s come with a different turbo and bigger brakes as standard.

Check Darkside developments out at Barnsley for remapping and tuning they are the boys for VAG diesels.
Yeh i was reading there, uprated turbo, bigger injectors amongst other things

Marky007

A4 Sline
I was also looking to get my 143bhp engine remapped by Durham remaps . . .

Along with egr deleted but apparently can mess up dpf as its needed for regens

BigJoeyC

I was also looking to get my 143bhp engine remapped by Durham remaps . . .

Along with egr deleted but apparently can mess up dpf as its needed for regens
I’ll probsbly just go for the stage 1 to 170ps

Marky007

A4 Sline
Let me know how you get on we also have the 2.0 tdi 140 golf mk6 remapped and its nippy enough