Advice on a possible swap

670ak

Reaction score
Been offered a B8 A4 2.0 Tdi as a straight swap, in reality it seems quite a good deal. I am a bit dubious of swaps, but apparently its HPI clear (would do a check of course), and looks very clean. Its got a bit too many mods for my liking, but just wondering if anyone could give me a rough valuation so i know if its worth a swap...

2008 08 A4 2.0 TDI manaul
Re-mapped to 224 bhp
DPF removed
New engine with 84k put in March 2018
Mileage shows 190k roughly
Cambelt done in November 2018
MOT'd in December 2018

Pics to follow, like I say a bit modified for my taste, but lets see

1BEAEDD3 1675 4AEE 9878 92BC91898924

No idea on value but it won't pass an MOT anymore if the DPF has been removed

Reactions: Marky007
What proof of engine swap ? Who swapped it ? And proof of original mileage on new engine ?
Car looks nice but as stated above dpf wont pass an mot (unless you know someone)
What you swapping it for ?

Me if something is too good to be true it usually is :racer:

Yes, I go by that saying.
Essentially its an Audi A3 I'd be very happy to take £2600 for, so essentially I'd be getting the A4 for £2600 which seems a good deal.
There is an invoice for £1200 for the engine, with the mileage stated. The work, labour wise, was done by a garage who can verify.

Seems a good deal :help:

What's interior like standard SE

They look like se front and rear lights bumpers etc

Still no dpf. Factor in the cost of a new one as no MOT no drivey

Reactions: Marky007
Sorry not sure if you are being sarcastic with saying it’s a great deal...if it was a no brainer yes or no I’d have gone for it without asking for advice :) to be it’s a risky one but could a) sell my current car which hasn’t been getting much interest b) make a little bit more than £2600.
It’s not a car I wish to keep til it’s next MOT, the cars a bit modified to my taste, and I wouldn’t want to get pulled over for the show plates, then plod find it’s been tampered with, tuned and lowered. I suppose what I’m really asking is it’s worth in its current state and where to advertise a car like this. Thanks :)

If you sell a car with the DPF removed you could also later be successfully sued by the buyer, whether a private individual or a garage.
You need to inform new buyer. Alot of cars with dpfs removed sold as spares or repairs so if your just going to sell it could become a headache.

Wouldnt even entertain the idea.

190k miles... can see why the seller is trying to offload it. Be hard to part ex or sell privatly for a decent price with that milage

Reactions: scotty76
Be aware that technically if you do get pulled by the BiB, you are illegal as you have no DPF. Your MOT cert is void and therefore so is your insurance.

Sounds like the BiB could take your car from you on the spot and crush it.

It sounds like a real :scared2: moment to me. Run for the hills :sos: :end of discction:

I ended up leaving it, the seller sold the Audi anyway (apparently for £3300). Thanks for all help