Advice Needed...

mitch010

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking at purchasing an Audi A4 convertible. Just had a couple of questions:

What year did the deeper front grill model come out? Is this called a B7 chassis?

What's the difference between the B7 and B8.

When looking at purchasing a 2nd hand audi what should I check for?

Hope someone can help.

cheers
Steve :arco:

Hi Steve,

06 Plate is the bigger grill and yes that's called a B7.

There isn't a B8 Cabriolet as they have stopped making it to make the a5 Cabriolet instead.

As for checks.....Make sure it has full service history but it depends on what spec your thinking off with regards to other checks.

Are you thinking diesel or petrol ? have you seen one that you like ? if so paste the link so we can have a look.

Hi Steve,

Had two cabriolets now an 03 and one of the last on a 58. The first being a 1.8T and the current being a 2.0T. The 2.0 litre is much the nicer car, thought the 1.8T was good when I had it but the 2.0T really does give it that little bit extra. I found the 1.8T better MPG on the motorways but it was worse around town. I have done 4000 miles from new and my average over those mile with the 2.0T is 30MPG.
Other than that I agree with everything PJM has said.

Good luck, hope you get the car you want and we get the summer to enjoy it.

Sheridan

mate i just bought one in May...sweet ride ....

pointers

right now is the best time to buy....
do not rush plenty of deals to be had.

if you can get a 2.0tdi 173, not the 140 version....

even better an s-line makes a sweet difference.

bose etc etc keep an eye out most people who sell private dont even know what add ons they even have....

mine has every extra bar a sat nav and the lady who sold it didnt even know...well my benefit LOL:yahoo:

apart from that full service hist and hpi check...make sure that there are no ghosts in the closet

good luck and happy hunting...use pistonheads or autotrader loads of good uns and the trade centres