advice needed.

neil ratcliffe

coupe rebuild master
Reaction score
hi good friends, just brought myself a 2 litre tdi sline. want to fit xenons to it. is it an easy fit. did it with my b6 which was real easy is it the same for the b7.
many thanks in advance.

I’d like to know this as well. I think Eurocarparts do a kit for £36 but I’m not sure if they are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi tony thank you tony for your reply. i only fit oem stuff to my car dont rate hid stuff that much.

Then replacing the whole headlight would prob be the only option (veeeeery expensive)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xenons need headlamp wash aswell as that's the factory fitment if going oem.

its not too bad news one are around £140 each.

New ones are definitely not 140, at least not OEM ones. You'd have to get the headlight assembly, the ballasts, the bulbs, and then likely have to get a special wiring harness and change the coding for the car to accept the xenon.

The Morimoto kit is a good kit. I have that one on my car and it works great. But I understand some people only want OEM and I can respect that but you will have to pay a lot to stay OEM.

New ones are definitely not 140, at least not OEM ones. You'd have to get the headlight assembly, the ballasts, the bulbs, and then likely have to get a special wiring harness and change the coding for the car to accept the xenon.

The Morimoto kit is a good kit. I have that one on my car and it works great. But I understand some people only want OEM and I can respect that but you will have to pay a lot to stay OEM.
hi mate thank you for your reply. no these are not oem ones. bulbs are not a problem as i have xenon bulds in plenty supply. would need the ballast though. these where on ebay. the only think with fitting hids to non edod type light is the beam pattern can be a bit of a concern. so i will hang on and get a proper set. your reply has been noted.