Advice Needed

hood

Reaction score
So I sold my RS3 in March time as I needed the cash quickly and got decent money via tootle.
I bought a FL S3 Black Edition which was what I could get my hands on at the time and was already specced.
Anyhow I've never been a massive fan of red but thought I'd get this tango red one and give it a go.
Needless to say after the sense of occasion you get in the RS3 the S3 looks are just a bit boring.
As a day to day car it is brilliant and I must say stick it in sports mode and the exhaust note certainly pops a bit.
Anyhow my head is being turned by the RS3 again and the question is I suppose whether to get back in the pre FL or all in for the FL.
I nearly pressed the button on a Noggy pre FL today but it was going to be 11K for the change into a 2016 plate with low mileage(3K)
I can get into an end of Sept new car and they are probably giving about 2.5K over book on mine which leaves 19.5K to change(Its Ara Blue)
Both cars will look lovely but don't want to take too much of a bath on residuals as I don't tend to keep for much longer than a year.
Thoughts?
Does the noise of the old one trump the increased performance of the new?

[QUOTE="Does the noise of the old one trump the increased performance of the new?[/QUOTE]

This question goes back and forth forever in a continuous time loop where time becomes a lopp where time becomes a loop etc etc.....SO....what is it that most turns you on? If its performance then go for the new one.....if its just sound then go for the old one.....in my opinion I'd go for the new one and do some exhaust mods then you have best of both worlds....just my 2c lol

Reactions: Ed_rx7, GreenDice and hood
Jesus - 19K to change into a new one....... I'd run the S3 into the ground and get the next generation of RS3 - Unless of course you are loaded :)

Reactions: hood
Jesus - 19K to change into a new one....... I'd run the S3 into the ground and get the next generation of RS3 - Unless of course you are loaded :)

Solid advice mate but I'm a car junky and once the head has been turned its all over bar the details.
At best I will stick an order in and collect in the new year.
Funny one of the things holding me back from Ara Blue is that its a bit of a summer colour.
Have to say my previous Nardo suited our ****** weather up here.

Tough decision! You probably need a test drive in a FL. I'm eagerly waiting for more PFL owners to drive the FL to give a true opinion of the differences.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Joe4842
To say that the PFL car is 'just about the sound' is a bit disingenuous. The car is hardly slow or lacking the ability to go round a corner.

If residuals are important for you then you'll probably retain more as first owner of the FL than as second owner on an older car in my opinion.

The other thing to keep in mind is the change in car tax rules - that still makes me wince when I think about it and was definitely a factor for me in buying a pre-owned car rather than waiting for the new one.

I heard one last night when out for a jog, couldn't see it but you just know the sound. Made me smile as it always does :)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

If residuals are important for you then you'll probably retain more as first owner of the FL than as second owner on an older car in my opinion.
I would have thought as far as residuals go you would be better getting a PFL. It will have taken a big hit on depreciation. These FL cars that are clocking in at way north of £50k will likely lose more in the first year than a reasonably priced second hand PFL will?

My low mileage car was almost list. Great for the seller (Audi), not for me if I was looking at reselling with a year.

Yeh.
Tough decision-sort of got the feeling that the pre facelift will be a bit of a classic in years to come or will it be the facelift?
Hmmmm
If anybody was looking to shift their RS3 then give me a shout.
Was looking at one in an Audi dealership today fully loaded at 39K with 7K miles but it went before he could get me a change price.

Yeh.
Tough decision-sort of got the feeling that the pre facelift will be a bit of a classic in years to come or will it be the facelift?
Hmmmm
If anybody was looking to shift their RS3 then give me a shout.
Was looking at one in an Audi dealership today fully loaded at 39K with 7K miles but it went before he could get me a change price.
What spec are you after? £39k for a fully loaded, low mileage car from Audi sounds pretty good to me.

I personally think the PFL will become the classic, due to the raw and bonkers nature of the exhaust! As has been mentioned, Audi got away with it and I'm not hugely surprised they've turned the sound down a bit on the FL.

Edit: just had a look on Autotrader and am pleasantly surprised to see the PFL prices holding up very well. Could be down to the fact the FL is quite a bit more.

Last edited:
What spec are you after? £39k for a fully loaded, low mileage car from Audi sounds pretty good to me.

I personally think the PFL will become the classic, due to the raw and bonkers nature of the exhaust! As has been mentioned, Audi got away with it and I'm not hugely surprised they've turned the sound down a bit on the FL.

Agreed
I thought it was decent.They probably paid 35-36k for it.
It was Huddersfield Audi and had pretty much everything bar the Pan Roof.Sepang blue was colour.
For me exterior looks are the most important.Black pack,Pan Roof ,Titanium or black wheels.
Colours Nardo,Sepang or favourite Nogaro.
Performance pack.Everything else is just a nice extra.

Agreed
It was Huddersfield Audi and had pretty much everything bar the Pan Roof.Sepang blue was colour.
For me exterior looks are the most important.Black pack,Pan Roof ,Titanium or black wheels.
Not Panther Black with black pack?! ;)

Agreed

I can't see you being much luckier than the Nogaro car on Approved right now.