Advice needed

Leebee

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
On the 13th December I had a Landrover discovery come out of a side road and hit my car (bought new in March 2013) in the side.
My insurance company said it was partly my fault Admiral) but to cut a long story short, the lady that hit me admitted liability and her insurance (direct line) started to handle the claim.
They (UK Assistance) collected my car and gave me a new BMW X5 for a courtesy car.
I had put LED daytime running lights into the Audi as I am not keen on the halogen ones that come with it and one was damaged.
UK assistance phoned me and told me it needed a new door, wing, bumper, headlamp, wheel, tyre & suspension parts and the bonnet re spraying.
Despite them saying my car would be delivered back to me on the 7th Jan, they delivered it back to me at 2100 on the 9th.
Having inspected the car today in the day light, despite them telling me that the LED lamp has been repaired, it does not work properly, only lighting the tip.
The wing also does not fit properly, fitting tight up against the windscreen pillar compared with the other side and where the bumper to the right of the grill, there is a wider gap where it meets the bonnet compared to the left hand side of the grill.
The steering wheel is not quite straight when driving in a straight line either.
I am going to phone Direct Line on Monday and kick up stink, I am considering getting an independent engineers report on the repairs.
The car is 8 months old and cost me £33000 so I don't think I should accept shoddy repairs.
I am even thinking they used pattern parts.
Advice would be greatly appreciated and I will post the repair pictures tomorrow.

Photo 4Photo 3

Thanks

Leigh.

That's disgraceful I hope they sort it out for you, but don't accept it at all its not good enough for such a new car of that value. Good luck

I would not want the car now since its like that! Does it not make it a cat D too? Phone them and give them hell!

I would not want the car now since its like that! Does it not make it a cat D too? Phone them and give them hell!

I am thinking on the same lines, Direct line can buy the car from me if they think its ok.
I hope I am wrong but I can see a big legal case here.

You know what, a so called professional has worked on that car. It makes me sick to know how much effort the German Audi technician took in making sure your car was perfect in Inolgstadt and yet in this poxy country someone just didn't care. I had an issue some of you may remember and the garage mechanic took no pride in his work. Appalling.

Hope it gets sorted.

Shouldn't be recorded because it was not written off only repaired.

Just an update.
I called Direct Line this morning and they told me to deal directly with UK assistance.
I called them and a guy is coming round Thursday evening to have a look.
I have tried posting pics but it only posts the word attachment ?

Will report Thursday when he has been.

Yes, will keep you updated.

Used my screen washers today only to find UK Assistance have only filled the screenwash bottle with tap water, how clever is that at this time of year.

Any one know how to empty it, or is it a case of keeping the washers on until it empties ?

Just keep the washers on until it empties but keep giving it a break wouldn't want to burn the pump out lol

just an update. Man from UK Assistance been and agreed to my concerns, they will collect my car at the weekend and put every thing right. going to give me an Astra though.
Do you think I should get Audi to inspect it when I get it back or is that OTT.

I hope you get this sorted out .... A few years back I had a similar problem and since then I have always insisted that a main dealer managed the repair so if my new Audi needs work ill be fighting them to send it to an Audi garage, I hope you are also informing them that you want compensating for doing a crap job.....

Dnt want to pop anyone's bubble like but Dealerships only as good as the people working there mind

I insisted in the local Ford dealer repairing my wife's Fiesta 1.6SI and my insurer and the liable party's insurer grudgingly agreed. That was the worst idea I ever had, the rear valance and bumper were repaired - looked very good job - only three years down the line I discovered that the rear valance was dissolving as it had not been painted or rust proved on the inside, so YES, as said in previous posting!!!

Dnt want to pop anyone's bubble like but Dealerships only as good as the people working there mind

There is absaloutly no way on gods earth I would allow my newly purchased 30k + A4 anywhere near any repair centre other than an approved Audi repair centre that i could inspect the car at on the delivery date.

The point you make is true of any repair centre but at the same time it just does not sit right sending an Audi to a Vauxhall garage for example there hast to be a certain level of expectation that an Audi garage would have a better understanding of what a good repair to an Audi looks like ??