Advice needed!! stupid Audi dealers

youll love this, i asked as a good will gesture to have a look and test drive of the ttrs when i go there on the 3rd.. head of business emailed the guy that sold me the car asking him to make sure it was there for me when i went down.. CC'd me into email... dumbass salesman emailed him back on reply and said in these words "Of course I can, no problem, but he will never buy a TT RS he will not get insured on it !" i got the email haha! the head of business emailed me straight away apologising. they have to be thw worst dealership ever!! and my dads considering buying either r8,rs6 or rs5.. wont be going there!!

this is all turning this into a war and im on the verge of driving down there throwing the keys at them and sayin i want all my money back!!!

Oooopppsss, :asskicking::lmfao:

Given that I think your journey to a satisfactory resolution may just be easier now. That is a school boy error; lucky for him is was reletively mild - could have been a whole lot worse!

youll love this, i asked as a good will gesture to have a look and test drive of the ttrs when i go there on the 3rd.. head of business emailed the guy that sold me the car asking him to make sure it was there for me when i went down.. CC'd me into email... dumbass salesman emailed him back on reply and said in these words "Of course I can, no problem, but he will never buy a TT RS he will not get insured on it !" i got the email haha! the head of business emailed me straight away apologising. they have to be thw worst dealership ever!! and my dads considering buying either r8,rs6 or rs5.. wont be going there!!

this is all turning this into a war and im on the verge of driving down there throwing the keys at them and sayin i want all my money back!!!

Are you being serious cheeky tw*t! I'd also bring that up when i saw the sales men. Because thats just being a cheeky stuck up w*nker! Yeah i'd tell your dad not to go there!

Maybe it's just me, but I think this is a very simple case.....

Here is the simple conversation I suggest:

YOU - Here's my invoice... see the bit where it says folding mirrors?
HIM - Yes sir.
YOU - Here's my car.... see the bit where the folding mirrors should be?
HIM - Yes sir.
YOU - Well they ain't there. Agreed?
HIM - Yes sir.
YOU - Put them there.
HIM - Yes sir, but....
YOU - No buts. Cheers.

End of story.

AGREE with the above. Just go down there show them your invoice and let them take the car away. You get a car off them you go back home and tell them to contact you once its done. Simple you paid for it and its not there. So they have to fit the folding mirrors

yeah send that email to hick's to lol ....:icon_thumright: you might get some more goodies lol

day after i got the car, but was via telephone... ? :uhm:

Here's what I would do. Write a letter, send it recorded delivery and email a copy to the guy you're talking to at the dealer, copying in Jeremy Hicks and the dealer principle.

Explain the issue in the letter and include a copy of the invoice, which clearly shows folding mirrors should have been on the car.

In the letter, state that you reported the missing folding mirrors on (date) at (time) to (name of person you spoke to). Check your phone records if you're not sure.

Express your disappointment at the length of time it has taken them to give you a satifactory resolution to the issue (ie the retro fit of folding mirrors).

State what you want. Be clear. Be factual and be polite.

EDIT - And definitely add in a copy of the forwarded email!!

Ok, so I bought my S3 in Feb 2009. It was specced as having Electric folding mirrors. When I received the car i got home and tried to fold the mirrors in and i jus couldn’t find the switch?
Errr just quoting from your inital post and wanting to check are you sure you definitely haven't got the folding mirrors? There's no extra switch as far as I'm aware. You just pull the mirror adjustment stick back towards you to fold them in I believe. I haven't got folding mirrors on mine, but my mirror adjustment joystick thingy moves back and would fold them if I had that option.

Worth checking!

I don't think I'd bother with emails, letters, phonecalls or basically anything that didn't involve him seeing my eyes and the rage that lurked within them.
I'd be like one of those zombies from 28 Days Later, crashing through the doors of their dealship, with the only decipherable words being "give me folding mirrors noooow!!"

Ok, slight exaggeration.

But seriously, 40 meters or 40 miles, I'd be up there face to face with these tw*ts, firstly putting it to them in a basic "human" way.... e.g. "look mate, I've paid for them as part of the purchase and they're not there. Please tell me that you see why this is not right or fair. What would you expect if you were the one who spent your money on something but never received it?"

Sometimes I find that removing you and them from the normal 'customer vs retailer' position helps them to come around to your way of thinking and appreciate where you are coming from.
It's usually only the saddest of fishnecks who stare at you and pretend they think that it is right that you take the hit on the chin.

Of course if this doesn't work then letters etc are pretty much the only other thing you can do.

Errr just quoting from your inital post and wanting to check are you sure you definitely haven't got the folding mirrors? There's no extra switch as far as I'm aware. You just pull the mirror adjustment stick back towards you to fold them in I believe. I haven't got folding mirrors on mine, but my mirror adjustment joystick thingy moves back and would fold them if I had that option.

Worth checking!

If what you say is correct could one of the mods please change this thread's title to..... "Brain needed! stupid Audi driver"

:lmfao:

If what you say is correct could one of the mods please change this thread's title to..... "Brain needed! stupid Audi driver"

True.

There will be an icon on the mirror control to show you can pull it back to fold the mirrors.

It will be marked there if he DOES have the folding mirrors.

Worth checking!

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO!! it has another symbol on the switch!! WHICH I DONT HAVE actually :motz:

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO!! it has another symbol on the switch!! WHICH I DONT HAVE actually :motz:

lol.. just checking ;)

Well as per my other post, I reckon you should get yourself down there.

By the way... I see you're from east london, as I am. I use Audi Chingford who I find are very good (so far). There's a new guy on Service called Tim. He's a top man.

One for the future maybe...

If he really thinks he gave you Hill hold instead of folding mirrors tell him he can take the hill hold off when he fits the correct mirrors.......that will corner him :))

folding mirrors are on the circle for adjusting the side mirrors and you turn it either way so that the dot is at the bottom then they fold in .....

What did they say to you when you mentioned they were not fitted. The garage I bought my car from said that it wasn't possible to fit them after build and offered my money back and a free paint protection for the car. Neither of the options were of any interest to me. The £150 back for not having folding mirrors was a cop out on their behalf and the paint protection is ***** and would have been carried out by the garage grease monkey who would proceed to cover the car in scratches.

I made a few calls to various different dealerships and all said the mirrors could be retrofitted, expensive though! Quotes came in at £650 - £700 (2 hours labour) Anyway, called back the garage I bought the car from and gave them an ear bashing about being fobbed off. Had a call 10 minutes later saying the parts were ordered and the car was booked in for the following week.

It took them 2 days to do, but they did a good job. I actually told them not to rush as the Master Tech didn't have a clue what he was doing and had never done anything like this before.

Just don't let them ******** you mate. They will try to worm their way out of things like this. Returning the cash to you is pointless and when I found out the cost of the retro-fit I told them if they wanted to return the cost of the mirrors I would accept the amount I had been quoted for the work .....funny thing, like I said before....10 minutes later and the car was booked in.

The £700 they quoted you for the work is total bol**ks. I can get it done cheaper than that in every other garage I got a quote from. REMEMBER.....the cost of this is not against their budget. It will be passed back to Audi at Inglestsadt who fecked up. UNLESS, the dealership made a mistake and forgot to put it on the paperwork when the order was placed. Either way its not your problem, you spec'd them so you should get them. BTW, I had the same thing said to me about the dimming mirrors being fitted in the place of folding mirrors. Funny thing is I spec'd the rain/light pack so they should have been fitted anyway.

2 days is a ****** joke aswell to fit them, I know exactly the procedure & trust me 2 days is complete ******.

2 days is a ****** joke aswell to fit them, I know exactly the procedure & trust me 2 days is complete ******.

Thats exactly what I thought. All the other dealerships stated 2 - 2.5 hours. My car was in the workshop for 9am and they had it for the full 2 days. To be truthful i think they broke something and had to order spares. Didn't even get a decent courtesy car. They gave me a new A8.....like driving a bus on jelly roads.

REMEMBER.....the cost of this is not against their budget. It will be passed back to Audi at Inglestsadt who fecked up. UNLESS, the dealership made a mistake and forgot to put it on the paperwork when the order was placed. Either way its not your problem, you spec'd them so you should get them.

It's not quite the same in this case. The car was already in the showroom rather than being speced as a new order, so the problem is purely one for the dealer. They make the mistake on the information sheet and invoice and should therefore put it right.

The only problem I can see it that the chap has been using the car without the folding mirrors since February. Really he should have returned it straight away for a refund or for them to fix the problem and give him a loan car whilst they did so.

Last edited:
It's not quite the same in this case. The car was already in the showroom rather than being speced as a new order, so the problem is purely one for the dealer. They make the mistake on the information sheet and invoice and should therefore put it right.

The only problem I can see it that the chap has been using the car without the folding mirrors since February. Really he should have returned it straight away for a refund or for them to fix the problem and give him a loan car whilst they did so.

Well I suppose that explains them trying their best to get out of doing it!!

sorry slightly off topic, is hill start a button instead of a handbrake like on the A6? Does anybody have a pic?

Uh no electronic brake isnt on the 8P & doubt will be, which is a fecker as I wanted that feature as fedup with the poxy handbrake.

Just holds the car still on a certain angle of incline, hill starts etc.

sorry slightly off topic, is hill start a button instead of a handbrake like on the A6? Does anybody have a pic?

It's not actually a button - it's just built in to the car, if you're on a slope and the brake pedal is pressed for a few seconds, when it's then released the car holds for a couple of seconds so it makes hill starts a lot easier.

No. It's basically done by the s-tronic gearbox electronics and keeps the brakes applied for a minute or so after you release the handbrake so that the car does not roll backwards on a hill. It used to be an option but is now fitted as standard to all cars with an s-tronic box.

Tell you. Replies are like buses. You wait for a while and then 3 come along at once!! At least they all basically say the same.

jeeze, too many people to thank now lol. I thought it was kinda odd on an A6 i was fitting tyres to lol

Uh no electronic brake isnt on the 8P & doubt will be, which is a fecker as I wanted that feature as fedup with the poxy handbrake.

Just holds the car still on a certain angle of incline, hill starts etc.

get a manual and do it with the clutch.......???

Yeah wear the clutch out quicker, good advice.

Man, you HAVE to get what you PAID for.

seriously soon they will mark an A3 as an S3 and then starting with their but...

Yeah wear the clutch out quicker, good advice.

hahaha dry git , you dont actually , if your good on the clutch it takes probably a rizla in thickness in a life time of clutch..... lol hahahahaha

lol.. just checking ;)

Well as per my other post, I reckon you should get yourself down there.

By the way... I see you're from east london, as I am. I use Audi Chingford who I find are very good (so far). There's a new guy on Service called Tim. He's a top man.

One for the future maybe...

AUDI chingford are my local dealer.. the mad thing is, i was recommended to go to watford for thier exceptional service, i had some bad sales dealings with chingford.. but there aftersales service is spot on. I just thought considering i bought the car from watford they should deal with this. the cars goin in on the 3rd, ill update once i been there! :aggressive:

AUDI chingford are my local dealer.. the mad thing is, i was recommended to go to watford for thier exceptional service, i had some bad sales dealings with chingford.. but there aftersales service is spot on. I just thought considering i bought the car from watford they should deal with this. the cars goin in on the 3rd, ill update once i been there! :aggressive:

I make you right about chingford's sales. Before I bought my car I went there to ask about getting hold of an A3.

I walked up to reception, asked if I could see someone in sales, the lady called across to a sales guy "are you free to help this gentleman, he's interested in buying a car", he nodded and started to come across with a smile on his face, then overheard me say i'm looking for a three or four year old A3 for no more than £7k-£8k and i've got a part ex. He stopped in his tracks, smile disappeared and then said "wellll... i've only got a minute!" :ohmy:

So I purposely took up as much of his time as possible, asking every question possible. :tocktock: :)

Ok,

So mostly good news!

Cutting it short i discussed everything through with a guy called Paul Greenberg Head of Business at Audi Watford.. I could tell he was going to try to persuade me away from replacing the mirrors but i basically told him you have to give them to me, or give me the money to do it myself.. he backed down and agreed :yahoo:

I had also arranged to have a go in the new TTRS, all i can say is WOW! looks wise i think its nearly perfect.. in terms of a TT.. yyou get inside and think hmmmm, not much deifferent to a TTS?? i got goin straight out on to a dual carriageway and this thing was fast! very fast! got halfway through the test drive and he mentions the sport button (hardens suspension, opens exhaust valve to make it louder!, and makes throttle more responsive!) so obviously i pressed it :whistle2: it totally changed the car, sounded raw! we were on straight roads talking about the handling and i think by thius point he couls tell i was a decent enough friver so he took me through some backroads with some nice bendys.. its class.... the handling was spot on.. best car ive driven and i want one!! one day

i also got to see the new R8V10 which was special!!

i got some pics as i know u all hate posts without them!

only bad news was the couretesy car they gave me :(

enjoy..........

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it sorted mate! When they gonna do the mirors? TTRS hmm looks lovely! Love to take one out for the day. And that R8 looks lovely i do like the alloys on them much better than the other ones.

they have the car now, they are ordering parts today and should all be done by thursday :happy:

i think they are also putting on the chrome nobs on the sat nav.. i noticed this too the other day that mine has black nobs even though its a 09? so i mentioned it today and he said he might do it so fingers crossed! i could probably make a big deal bout this but i cant be bothered.. although they do look much nicer..