Help Please Advice needed on Lowering 2.0 S-Line

Paddy smith

Reaction score
Okay to give as much background as possible,

I currently own a 2012 facelift B8.5 FWD S-line.
I recently purchased a set of 20” TTRS/Rotor alloys 9J wide. They are running 255 35 Zr 20 tyres and the car is running on standard suspension.

I’m looking to give the car a lower look without wrecking the arches but i’m not too sure what sort of drop I can get without causing damage? Ideally looking to use lowering springs and was wondering if anyone can advise me on the amount I can drop and what are the best springs to use?

H&R oe sport springs for 25mm drop and everyone is happy with comfort, H&R sport springs for 35mm drop and most people complain its bouncy :)
They are only £100 odd quid, I went for the 35mm and bilstein b8 shortened shocks on the s5 and definitely dropped more than the advertised 35, a good 40+ infact, a little bouncy with heavier passengers but I like it as is very firm on my own or with light passengers. no fouling and speed bumps/multistoreys have never scraped.@Chop. has the 35mm sport ones on his s4 pretty sure.

H&R oe sport springs for 25mm drop and everyone is happy with comfort, H&R sport springs for 35mm drop and most people complain its bouncy :)
They are only £100 odd quid, I went for the 35mm and bilstein b8 shortened shocks on the s5 and definitely dropped more than the advertised 35, a good 40+ infact, a little bouncy with heavier passengers but I like it as is very firm on my own or with light passengers. no fouling and speed bumps/multistoreys have never scraped.@Chop. has the 35mm sport ones on his s4 pretty sure.

Hi thanks for the reply, would it be any different for me since my car is front wheel drive as supposed to 4WD? I’m just curious as i’m running this on an a4 is there any difference in arch size between that and an S4/S5? If I was to run a similar setup would it ride okay on 20” alloys without widening/changing my wings etc

Hi thanks for the reply, would it be any different for me since my car is front wheel drive as supposed to 4WD? I’m just curious as i’m running this on an a4 is there any difference in arch size between that and an S4/S5? If I was to run a similar setup would it ride okay on 20” alloys without widening/changing my wings etc
the 25/35mm quoted drops made by h &R are based on standard a4/a5 suspension, not taking into account s models :)
4 wheel drive wont have any bearing on it, just might see a bigger drop than a s model which has slighly lower suspension on them, but overall to the same height result.. only consideration for differences in front drop is the weight of the engine. v8 is heavier than v6 for example so would see more of a drop on the v8