Advice Needed for APR Inlet System

Whitewaterguy87

Reaction score
I wanted to see if you guys would return this APR inlet system? I've heard negative things about the carbon pipe but don't fully understand the problem. On top of hearing negative stuff the box came smash in on one end. There is a deep scratch in the carbon pipe as well, and I guess im just disappointed and anal about hurting my car & having scratched ****. I have attached some pictures for people to see & let me know if im worried about nothing! Any information would be great.

20181027 120108 20181026 000401 20181026 000442 20181026 000854

Ahh nightmare mate... I think, for me, it would be going back for a new one... if you’re not happy now that’s its scratched, you won’t be any happier in the future until you get a new one :icon thumright:

Reactions: FBF01 and Whitewaterguy87
The scratch wouldn’t bother me. The hassle of sending it back and waiting for a new one would. (Impatient)

The smoothness of the internal carbon pipe wouldn’t make much difference to airflow, it’s still going through the stock box from the front grille so got a lot of bumps and imperfections the airflow needs to pass through to get anywhere near that pipe.

I guess you have a LHD car yeah? Those don’t fit our RHD cars in the U.K. unfortunately.

Ahh nightmare mate... I think, for me, it would be going back for a new one... if you’re not happy now that’s its scratched, you won’t be any happier in the future until you get a new one :icon thumright:

+1

Got to disagree with Leo. I can assume that it cost quite a few $ to buy that carbon intake, so the scratch would bother me and it shouldn't have arrived like that. Ok, clearly it won't affect performance...can't imagine it will massively improve it either(!) but you've paid your money for something that should look nice...make sure you get it.

Reactions: Whitewaterguy87
Send it back if I where you.

Especially as there are instances of the internal walls breaking up.
Christ you wouldn’t want that being digested by your turbo

664c0028491b4856a1b4212bb6fc2bb7.jpg

I would ask for a partial refund to make up for the scratched tube. Alternatively I would ask for tube replacement.

Yes LHD. Are most people on this forum from the UK?

Yes, I'd imagine 95%+ on this forum are in the UK and driving RHD cars.

T-800, yes, that is very poor from APR. They released a statement saying the owner was given a full refund and that it was something left from the manufacturing process rather than from the pipe breaking up itself.

Yes, I'd imagine 95%+ on this forum are in the UK and driving RHD cars.

T-800, yes, that is very poor from APR. They released a statement saying the owner was given a full refund and that it was something left from the manufacturing process rather than from the pipe breaking up itself.
Any reason that you know why? It's a fun car so far!