ADVICE NEEDED CAR WONT START

shady-ninja

Reaction score
Started my car the other day and 3 mins into a 6 mile journey the engine hesitated for a split second with a slight misfire, then the management light came on and went off a minute later.
I complete the journey then when I was going g home in the evening I started the engine and drove for 3 mins and the same thing happened again but this time I stopped two miles short of my house to get something then went back in to start the car but it won't start.
Called recovery who plugged the car and got fault code P0321 [crank sensor] fault. The recovery guy told me to change it so I did with OEM part next day from Audi but it won't start.
Got a mate [previously worked for AA] to look at the car. HT leads tested ok , sparlk plugs tested OK , coil packs tested OK , then he adopted a compression test on each cylinder but nothing.
He recons that the timing chain has jumped a tooth or two.
Then I googled this to and found more horror stories identical to mine with the tsi/tfsi engines in 1.4 1.8 & 2.0 variants. Mine is a 1.8t fsi and is just coming up to five years with good service history.
What can I do.
Have a look at this link below.
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/266114-18tsi-and-20tsi-engine-failures/page-2

I would have said crank sensor