Advice needed Audi A4

Harny86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,I'm hoping someone can help me or give some advice on my problem.
I purchased a brand new Audi A4 2.0tfsi black edition in September on PCP.
7 weeks ago I went to pull out at a junction and felt like the car lagged alot and very little power a oncoming car was coming and nearly hit the back of us this really got my wife worried as we had the kids in the car. A few days after I was sat waiting for my wife with the engine running and it felt like someone was rocking the car from side to side. It has also slammed it's brakes on twice for no reason when driving and flashed Audi pre sence.
I booked the car into my local Audi dealer to be checked out.Once they inspected the vehicle they said there was a fault with the manifold software but all repairs are on hold.I then rang the dealer which I purchased the car from and they said let us have a look at it.After a week I said we have lost total confidence in the car and would like to reject it.
They have now had the car 5 weeks and I'm no further forward. I have spoke to Audi UK several times and this doesn't seem to help.
Has anyone ever had similar problems?The stress this has caused within the family is unbelievable.
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
I believe by law, a manufacturer, supplier has 3 chances to repair, then you can ask for a refund, not sure about pcp, but check your contract.

As you purchased the car on a PCP, contact VW/Audi Financial Services and tell them you wish to reject the car and explain all the issues you have so far encountered. They will appoint an executive to investigate your complaint and issue a complaint number with which you can keep track of their progress.

You have to start the rejection process with a letter to the supplying dealer, they will then have to formally start the rejection process. Post it tracked and signed for. You could tell Audi Finance what you are doing but they won't care one little bit, as the rejection has to be completed by the supplying dealer. Note the rejection will take weeks even months, I've rejected 2 Audi's over the last few years, one was easy as it was damaged in shipment then other took months and the ombudsman had to get involved. Good luck.

That's what I have done mate someone is appointed but I'm no further forward with it.It has us stressed to bits

As you purchased the car on a PCP, contact VW/Audi Financial Services and tell them you wish to reject the car and explain all the issues you have so far encountered. They will appoint an executive to investigate your complaint and issue a complaint number with which you can keep track of their progress.

What B5NUT said is golden.

With your situation you most likely will be in the position where you have to allow the dealer to attempt to repair the car’s faults.

The issue will be regarding your PCP as you will be paying it throughout the repair, you will likely be given a courtesy car for the duration of the repair. However you need to study your contract to see what was agreed in the event of a warranty issue.

Btw you can turn off pre sense or put it’s reaction to slow/late if your driving or surrounding is activating it often.