Advice needed: 2007 Audi A3 S line 140 tdi

AshGA3

Reaction score
ello all!
I have put a deposit on an Audi A3 S line tdi 140 could you tell me a little info about them please?

After searching the net i didnt realise there was a couple of different engines, is this the PD engine if so what are they like this car has 30,000 miles on the clock one owner from new would i have been better to get the later cr engine??
Also what are they like after remapping?

thank you!

Ashlee

LOL ! Most people do their research BEFORE they buy the car!:lmfao:

Yes it should be a PD engine. What year is it?

The CR engine is a bit more refined. Quieter and smoother apparently. However, I have the PD engine and I love it. Most people on here have it also!

And with a little remap, It will FLY!!!!!!!!!

Thanks alot guys yes really should have looked before lol!

Its a 2007 07 140, what are they like after the remapp i heard they eat turbos!
What actually is the difference between the 140 pd and 170pd then just a mapp??

I really want the chrome tailpipes like on the 170 are they availble from audi ?

I really want the chrome tailpipes like on the 170 are they availble from audi ?

You can get genuine trims to put over your existing pipes(need to remove outer pipe first though)

Stafford audi on ebay list them from time to time. Cheap as chips, around £20ish quid. Be quick when they come up though, as a few people are looking for them now :)

Well if you buy a milltek you get a lovely back box like this :wub::wub: :

DSC03328.jpg

:happy:

Cheers N8!

Still lot's to do though ........Next project already underway!

Thanks alot guys yes really should have looked before lol!

Its a 2007 07 140, what are they like after the remapp i heard they eat turbos!
What actually is the difference between the 140 pd and 170pd then just a mapp??
?
Main difference is the PD170 has a different ECU,injectors and turbo. In my opinion the PD140 is a better engine.

Much better mpg ( which is the whole point of having a diesel really ),less ****** censors to throw the car into limp mod and it doesn`t have a dreaded DPF fitted to it.

N8 I thought your misses was a red head ?:whistle2: