Advice/help needed on fitting "support; holder for bumper" to lock carrier

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
Its a long shot but...

Does anyone know if the part highlighted below (8E0 805 537A "support; holder for bumper") is riveted on to the lock carrier at the bottom or if its just bolted on?

Looking at my car I can see there are two bolts at the top but cant see what's beneath until I have taken the bumper off. If it is riveted I will need to buy myself a rivet gun and the right size rivets before I remove the bumper. Been looking at the parts database & cant find any bolts listed other than 3 x part 10 shown in the diagram but it looks like there should be further fixings at the bottom of part 8

Regards
Steve
Bcdd9e97ab3543b846fefc7d6b933fef

Last edited:
Item 13 and 14 are a mirror image of what's on the other side, so looks like you will need a rivet gun. Might as well buy one as it will come in handy for lots of jobs in the future. I don't know how the parts of the bumper all fit together, never looked, only how to take the complete bumper off the car.

This is the guide I used http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/234131-B7-A4-S4-Clear-Corner-Mod-Removal-of-Bumper

Thanks, I should maybe have said but 8 & 9 are used both left and right. Items 14 & 13 are not applicable to my model.

I've been looking at the same diagrams lately trying to figure out which part I need to replace a broken part on mine...... I'm after the part which you actually fix the bumper to to the left and right hand side of the grill. The drivers side one of mine sheered last year and I've never gotten around to replacing it - keep meaning to find out which part it is that I need.

If its the this highlighted bracket that the highlighted screw goes into then its part 9.

I wouldn't trust the part number below 100% as I got them from the parts database sticky at top of B7 forum and have found that they are often out of date/wrong when I order parts. From memory they're about £15 each

8E0805363 holder for bumper; cover; left upper
8E0805364 holder for bumper; cover; right upper

The rusty part I'm replacing is behind it!

Capture

Reactions: ESD1711
Yeah I think that's the one - its the screw with the orange circle around it which sheered on mine, so I need to replace whatever it is which that is fixed to.

Just took a look at the bumper assy parts list and its definitely the part you need as you can see it on that diagram (Part 42)

Please get that part number checked though, I don't want to be responsible for you getting the wrong part!
Capture

Gonna pop in to Audi tomorrow morning with the part numbers and diagrams and get one ordered up. :)

Well the parts listed in the database thing on here do still appear to be valid - order up the bits I need on Friday and they should be at the dealer tomorrow.

Not bad.... its only been about 2 years after breaking the original one haha!

ha yeah I know how that happens I've only just got around to fitting a window switch that's been sitting in my garage for about 6 months now.

Well the parts listed in the database thing on here do still appear to be valid - order up the bits I need on Friday and they should be at the dealer tomorrow.

Not bad.... its only been about 2 years after breaking the original one haha!
Did you fit these yet? Did you have to fully remove the bumper or can it be done by just pulling bumper forward a inch or so?

I've just realised that it this part that is cream cracked on my S4, the hex screw was seized and my persuasion broke it off. Used an expanding screw/plug as a temp fix.

Did you fit these yet? Did you have to fully remove the bumper or can it be done by just pulling bumper forward a inch or so?

Yeah mate got them on.

I just had the bumper right off to do it..... As far as 'could' it be done with the bumper still in place, I wouldn't like to say - but I'd suggest probably not.... Would certainly be easier with the bumper out the way in my opinion, but may be possible with it in place.

Yeah mate got them on.

I just had the bumper right off to do it..... As far as 'could' it be done with the bumper still in place, I wouldn't like to say - but I'd suggest probably not.... Would certainly be easier with the bumper out the way in my opinion, but may be possible with it in place.
Cheers, thought as much tbh. I had those bits at the top of this thread fitted today only to find out the brackets you've fitted are rusty as hell where the bolts go through. Could have had them fitted today at no extra cost if they were available:tired:

Got to have bumper removed again to fit these now :rage::rage:

Cant remember off the top of my head, but think £18 sounds about right yeah.