Advice from Scotland please

Steve-L

Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking the wife up to Scotland next spring for a few days but am not sure where to go.
The criterea is simple, stunning scenery and GREAT ROADS !!
We are only looking to stay in a B&B so am wondering if anyone can advise a good place to be based.
A town/village is preferable so I can enjoy a single malt or two in the evening without having to drive.

Got to be the west coast. Oban is a great stopping point for a dram or two!! I wouldn't stay in Fort William tho. Just doensnt have the same appeal as Oban. Go up the West to Loch Ness and Inverness if you have have time swing on to Skye just for the Island experiance. On the way down the A9 it's a rubbish road but there are a few nice towns on it. Pitlochry for one!! My opinoin!

Skye definately has nice scenery, and driving up by Loch Lomond is quite an experience, but it is a narrow twisty road, and you occasionally get some nutters on it too:rolleyes:

If you want to be adventurous, why not go accross to some of the islands, like Lewis and Harris, or the Uists.

Steve-L said:
I'm thinking of taking the wife up to Scotland next spring for a few days but am not sure where to go.
The criterea is simple, stunning scenery and GREAT ROADS !!
We are only looking to stay in a B&B so am wondering if anyone can advise a good place to be based.
A town/village is preferable so I can enjoy a single malt or two in the evening without having to drive.

Where are you setting off from?

Deffo west coast, forget the road to loch lomond. Take the road through Helensburgh past Faslane Naval Base ( where all the nuclear subs go to get fixed ) thats always good to see. Then just head round the lochs to Dunoon, cross over to Gourock on the Ferry then head down the coast to Largs ( GREAT ROAD ) then head up the back way to Glasgow. Plenty of places on the way that you could stop off and stay. If you go to Gourock let me know we could meet up for a pint!

Well if it was me ...........i would come to Crieff as i have a friend who owns a BB and is a Excellent Chef very nice place..it is central for all the places that are mentioned..........A run through the Trossachs and upto Oban is a great run is well ...........

no no guys, thats not scotland thats the central belt !!

Id advise staying at Drumnadrochit, and taking a drive from there to LOCHINVER, quite simply the best roads you will find in scotland.

We use to go from Inverness to Lochinver on the motor bikes, the scenery is spectacular.

I hope you've applied for your passport in plenty of time and enrolled in 'Parliamo Glesga' lessons before you venture north.
'Ochayethenoo' 'Hullarerjimmy' 'Howzitgawinpal' 'Minesapintanahauf'
'Wheresthenearestchippyfurablackpuddinsuppaandacanairnbru'
'Hullarermissushuvyeonyspareroomsfurthenight' (this is a must if you intend doing B&B)
Lots of luck and enjoy your visit to Scotland