Advice for lowering RS3

Bazzotazzo

Reaction score
hi guys,

I have a 16 plate RS3 and I'm thinking of lowering it around 30mm, however I know almost nothing about this.

A guy I know at a local garage says all I will need if it purely for looks and not performance are new springs and I should pay around £250.

Thought id ask for any advice to confirm any good brands out there anyone can recommend and the prices I am looking at.

Any other advice in doing this properly would be appreciated.

Thanks

MSS kit is supposed to be awesome, tad expensive though.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Thanks, do you have any recommendations online to check them out? Cheers

Thanks, do you have any recommendations online to check them out? Cheers
30mm sounds like quite a bit. I fancy doing mine but a bit less than that. Also getting spacers to widen the stance a bit.

As Terminator says, MSS gets rave reviews but will be about £1000+ I reckon. Tom Wrigley on here is the man to help you.

Yes, MSS kit is supposed to be great.....google it.
Otherwise, dependent on your budget, look at a full set of coilovers so you get matched springs and dampers (can be more or less the cost of MSS kit).
30mm is quite a lot from stock too....if you are after the real low look (and less worried about performance) then get an air ride kit so you can put the car up and down as and when you want....but that's even more expensive, however ultimate flexibility.
Lastly....if you know nothing....then get researching....you can royally screw it up if you don't know what you are doing and why, and can easily get ripped off.

Hi Damian,

I notice that these are quite a difference from the MSS ones.....I had heard of the H&R ones..in your opinion (impartial) are they a good quality spring for my car?

cheers

I'll be honest and say I've never been in an RS3 with the MSS springs but have for the H&R springs and they work well on the car. H&R are also one of our best selling springs across the board and a massive name in suspension.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I fitted eibach lowering springs to mine, sat about 30mm lower and did not affect the ride at all.

Ive got a set of H&R Springs for sale - Under 1000 miles, if interested?

Ive swapped them for MSS Springs which work so much better with the, Magride, 20's and uprated rear ARB - Well worth the money.

Ive swapped them for MSS Springs which work so much better with the, Magride, 20's and uprated rear ARB - Well worth the money.
How much?

Reactions: Oli.

Is the ride much harsher thanks stock? How does it effect the Magride? Would the comfort, auto and dynamic modes on the suspension still work as normal?

Reactions: Oli.
Is the ride much harsher thanks stock? How does it effect the Magride? Would the comfort, auto and dynamic modes on the suspension still work as normal?

Which springs the MSS or H&R's?

I've had H&R springs on my 8v S3 and didn't like the ride, too harsh and crashy/bouncy I've now had Eibach springs on my RS3 which are a much nicer ride lowering around 20/30mm, these are now off and for sale as I've replaced them with the MSS kit which feels the same as the Eibachs but lets me go lower. PM if your interested in the Eibachs if you like they are only a few months old.

MSS Kits are worlds apart from H&R I have been in a car and trust me it's very different. You also have the additional benefits height adjustment.

For the RS3 is about £795.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The MSS ones. Does the magride still work as oem?

Yes, perfectly. Agreed with above, the MSS are in a different league - Ive tried H&R and ABT on the RS. But obviously they are a lot more money, but worth it.

Reactions: C39KER
Whats the best kit for street use, no track days, lowers about 20-30mm and not concerned about adjustability as once its on the car its not going to be fiddled with. Ride quality is a top priority, with oem ride quality or better and not making the ride harder/harsher at all if poss. Purely for aesthetic reasons.

Not a daily driver, just a weekend cruiser, not raced or tracked, I'm just looking to drop it so it sits on the wheels better getting rid of the gap and looks nicer but at the same time not looking worsen the damping of the car as comfort is also a priority. I don't plan on forking out as much as £799 for just some springs . Any other cheaper alternatives than the MSS as per my requirements?

Last edited:
I'm after something similar. I could do with seeing one in the flesh that has been lowered.

As above, Ive tried ABT, H&R and now MSS. Im running 20's which makes a difference. A lot of people run h&Rs on 19's with no issues - My set are up for sale. It is worth the extra for MSS though - And they are not just springs!