Advice for leather treatment and repair

cenci

Reaction score
Can you guys let me know the best leather treatment to use on the s line black leather seats that doesn't cost the earth?

also my drivers seat is starting to wear slightly where my fat a$$ gets in and out the car. Has anyone ever used a black dye to blend in or is it a big no no.

thanks

I used the scratch doctor leather repair pack at the weekend and was easy to use and looks ok, need to see how it stands up to normal wear now.

I use liquid leather, check out the website. It does not leave the leather shiny and hard, just soft and matt - with a good leather type smell too!

Gliptone Leather Care | Leather Cleaner

Thanks for the replies. A few people have mentioned the gliptone so may give it try.
Still need to figure out how to colour the slight wear I have as not sure the cream will bring that back.

Do a search for black leather seat restorer on eBay, 12 quid will sort it. These are ok but need to be reapplied quite often . But that's worn seats for you, there's no miracle cure without replacing them!

A diluted APC will clean the seats very well if it is general grime.

Alot of these leather conditioners and what not are not relevant in motor industry as the leather is coated with a thin layer of vinyl.

As mentioned above it is the matte colour you should aim to achieve as that is what it started out in life as, when it goes shiny this is an indication that is is very dirty.

I got myself a cleaning kit from the following website and it is very good stuff, if you get stuck give them a ring as they are very helpfull.

Auto

Jonny.