Advice and Opinions

Robin Chandler

Reaction score
20160803 130838
20160803 130844
20160803 130854
20160803 130903
Was a bit bored on Ebay last week so ended up getting a couple of bits!! Anyway.. decided to put them on and de-badge the rear! what do you think?

I do need to get the front grill sprayed or dipped and fairly quickly as it doesn't look great with the black Audi badge!! i was thinking of getting the wheels done in Anthracite (silver/grey) and maybe the roof rails!!

Nice, that's crying out or the later led rear lights

I think the front grill rings are clipped in & the rear ones are just stuck on.

Reactions: goodbuzzman1 and sliced
I'm going to go against the grain and say that the old silver badges and Audi rings look better on a light metallic car than the black, but hey it's your car lol.
I'd definitely do the LED Sportback rear lights though, I did mine last week and it has made a MASSIVE improvement to the looks of the car.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that the old silver badges and Audi rings look better on a light metallic car than the black, but hey it's your car lol.
I'd definitely do the LED Sportback rear lights though, I did mine last week and it has made a MASSIVE improvement to the looks of the car.
Just looked back at your post and see that you got your led rears from Eurocarparts! Do you have the part no you used and do you know if it will fit mine (55 plate)?

Just looked back at your post and see that you got your led rears from Eurocarparts! Do you have the part no you used and do you know if it will fit mine (55 plate)?
I just chose lights for a 2010 model
Sportback from them as I knew they'd be the later LED ones.
Interestingly , the box is marked 2008 Model Year so I had a bit of a panic when I went to pick them up but I needn't have worried as they were the correct LED type.
I went for the Magneti Marelli ones and have to say that they're indistinguishable from Genuine.
They were made in Poland and are actually marked Automotive Lighting, the same brand as the Genuine Audi Xenon headlamps I retrofitted a few weeks ago (and the same as the halogen lights I removed, for that matter).
With one of the many discount codes circulating it's possible to get them for a good price, the inners cost £29 and the outers £46 each.
You'll need an adapter cable or just modify your existing wiring and of course VCDS to change the coding.
They'll definitely fit any Sportback, mine is a 56 plate and fit is perfect.
Don't forget that with VCDS you can code the car to have the fog light function as a brake light as well, which helps update the car IMHO.

Reactions: LEE69 and Robin Chandler
guide for the lights

Reactions: Robin Chandler
Thanks Nessy & Lee, I've just been lazy and ordered a loom and ill wait for the 30% discount code to get the lenses from ECP.
If I had known how cheep and easy this mod was I'd of done it ages ago!!

Reactions: LEE69
I think sale25 works at the mo only 5% less

Debadged rear is a winner for sure and the blacxk rings look good on the rear also, not so much on the front as you lose the definition of them.

Wheels.. opinion only... keep them silver. If they need a refurb then go with hyper silver, the brightness against the paintwork of the car helps bring out the shade nicely. I find anthracite is too much of an inbetween colour that tends to look dull and only really looks good on white cars and so long as the tyres are dressed properly black

The only other advice I'd give is when it comes to fitting the inner lights you're going to need to take power from the grey & reddish-brown striped wire that feeds the licence plate lights to illuminate each inner lamp LED bit when the sidelights are on but don't use scotchlocks as they really are rubbish.
I stripped back the insulation of the wire very carefully and soldered in the 2 wires from the inner lamp adapters, taped the whole thing up and you'd never know it wasn't factory.....

Night shot.....
Really pleased with these.
20160805 221531
20160805 221718

Reactions: mookster and Cheferikson
20160910 115342
20160910 115337

Decided to get the grille done, wasn't keen on the grey. Still need to put the number plate on, when it stops ****** raining!!!

Black front audi rings look good with the black grill now

The new rear LED lights definitely look much better and I do love the front grill in black with the black rings too, ...just not sure the black rings on the rear look so good.
Wonder what it would look like with no rings on the rear?! ...or is that sacrilege! Lol. :D

The new rear LED lights definitely look much better and I do love the front grill in black with the black rings too, ...just not sure the black rings on the rear look so good.
Wonder what it would look like with no rings on the rear?! ...or is that sacrilege! Lol. :D
Definitely sacrilege!! Couldn't live with myself! Lol.

Reactions: GMballistic