Advanced Key

E

Evil Diesel

Is there anyway of disabling the door entry part of the system? Not sure I can be bothered / disciplined with making sure the key spends its life in a Faraday cage........

Is there anyway of disabling the door entry part of the system? Not sure I can be bothered / disciplined with making sure the key spends its life in a Faraday cage........

Indeed there is........

A couple of ways not info I'll post on an open forum though, but they are effective at removing the keyless entry part.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I think there's an every time you exit the car one like @Splathead is referring to above.

There is another way but VCDS or VCP is needed.

If you lock it with the key and then immediately lock it with the keyless button on the handle, it will disable the keyless entry until the car is unlocked with the key again.

Nice one - thanks.

Looks like a coding is required for the long term then.

I really wouldn’t bother. Just keep your spare key in a pouch and your main key in your pocket.

Keyless is a lot of fun to use. Makes me feel cool tapping the handle and walking away.

Off topic but on the RS4 you can disable door opening via the MMI.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Spaceman_RS3
Reactions: RGBARGEE, Terminator x, AudiNutta and 1 other person
I really wouldn’t bother. Just keep your spare key in a pouch and your main key in your pocket.

Keyless is a lot of fun to use. Makes me feel cool tapping the handle and walking away.

Just like tapping the key you mean :)

Where exactly do you wave your foot to open the boot. Feel a bit of a Muppet standing on one leg foot waving!

Reactions: AudiNutta