Advance key....

troopa

Reaction score
I have just bought an A4 2008 and after having a look through the options it came with it apparently has advanced key!!
I have the start stop button but im unable to open or lock the car at any handle.

What do i need to do to get this working?

I have the same issue dude. I can see wires going into the drivers door handle too and I have error codes:

Ignition authorization
Part #: 8K0907064AE
Coding: 071200 (hex)
Component: BCM2 1.1
Fault codes:
03287 Sensors for Touching Exterior Door-Handel

My boot works perfectly as when I have the key in my pocket it'll open, but when I don't it remains locked.

Photo is of the inside of the drivers door.

Attachments

• IMG_4046.JPG
    IMG_4046.JPG
    724.7 KB · Views: 235
I need to check for fault codes aswell.
My fuel flap doesnt lock either!!

haha I think that's quite common. The car is always unlocked when you try the flap so you never notice. I have this:

Body/convenience system
Part #: 8K0907064AE
Coding: 013B0E22203934C1002002 (hex)
Component: BCM2 1.1
Fault codes:
02615 Locking fuel tank cap
02616 Unlocking fuel tank cap

Looks like about £25 for the solenoid. I've heard it's quite a job to get to it though. Sure someone can confirm

Oh right. I just read its a 15 minute job.
I really want the easy access working though.

I have the same problem with the door handles. From my research on here and from your fault codes its the sensors in the door handles that have gone, most commonly because of water ingress (a bad design that was rectified in later designs).

If you search for it on here you should be able to find members who have ordered parts from eBay and fitted them themselves, I think you might need the software to clear the faults however. I've not yet done it myself, I had intended to but have just resorted to using the remote!

Just found the thread below!
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/tsb-for-faulty-door-handle-sensor.173088/#post-1925475