1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Ads3 thread

ADs3 Jan 17, 2018

1. ADs3

ADs3 Active Member Silver Supporter

That's an amazing amount of hp to gain from just adding the inlet cam, from that I'm guessing you have a bt build.
    I'm only running a k04 hybrid so I wont see anywhere near that kind of gain but I'm interested to see how it performs.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

Yes it's a G25-660 , made 460bhp on Bills dyno without the cam . The extra duration and lift seems to help power at the top end of the rev range.

ADs3 likes this.
  4. ADs3

Just had the windscreen replaced after driving around for the best part of three months with a crack so big Kim Kardashian would be jealous......now just need the replacement ballast to turn up so I can actually drive at night lol

5. ADs3

Installed a new set of Bi xenon's a few weeks back......H1 mini projectors & 5000k xenons seems to of done the trick with light output. Front end looks fresher, Still to have the lights levelled properly but it's passable for me atm.
    20200312_143659.jpg 20200312_202906_resized.jpg 20200312_200821_resized.jpg 20200312_200825_resized.jpg
    Had bit of a braking issue as well recently, some serious brake juddering going on. Had the m-tec discs inspected & skimmed 1.1mm from them to get them back in line......in no time they had me reenacting a fighter pilot trying to pull a plane out of a dive scene in Hollywood movie they were that bad! Not knowing what had caused them to be so bad I took a chance & fitted a pair of Brembo discs & so far so good no issues.

Also whilst the bumper was off to fit the new headlights I took the time to sort out the panel gap issue I was having on the o/s/f wheel arch where the bumper hooks over & into the wheel arch liner. The little tab that hooks over had split & the seam down the inside of the bumper was coming away on both sides, if you've seen this seam it's a weak point in my opinion as theres no real meat to it.
    I didn't get any pics as I just got stuck in but I've plastic welded along the whole seam on both sides of the bumper, it's now stronger than when it left the factory & for the 1st time since owning the car I have a decent panel gap. 20200312_141348_resized.jpg

superkarl likes this.
  6. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+ Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

Looking really good mate. One of the best mods I did was change the headlights! Since I changed my suspension they’ve been pointing down. Need to have a look see what my auto headlight adjusters are doing. I had a garage for the springs......

Very clean car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ADs3

It's definitely worth while, I had a ballast burn out & bought a 2nd hand one to replace it but then decided to just entirely replace the lot as the originals arent the best to start with.

Hopefully they've not busted the arm for the auto leveling, not the worst fix though if that's case

8. ADs3

Guess what I'll be doing over the weekend 20200317_162559_resized.jpg

hydro s3, desertstorm and S3AMJ like this.
  9. S3AMJ

Yassssssss! Nice one, welcome to the club mate.

Oh I hope they’ve not broken an arm as well! I usually try and work on my car but with not having the time and haven’t used this garage before...... I’m sure they wouldn’t have told me if they had.

10. ADs3

It's hard to find a garage you can trust mate especially the 1st time you use them, the industry has gotten such a bad name!.......

11. ADs3

Managed to get the ignitron installed.....not being the most computer savvy person I had bit of a faff installing the correct USB drivers but once that was sorted it started up 1st turn & drove pretty well. 20200320_145805_resized.jpg

hydro s3 and S3AMJ like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. S3AMJ

Well done mate, looking forward to seeing how you get on with it. You gonna map the car yourself?

14. ADs3

Had planned to try & learn a basic level of understanding so I could give it a go but tbh I dont feel confident enough to attempt it as it could be a costly error!

S3AMJ likes this.
  15. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

remote assistance & tuning is available dude

ADs3 and S3AMJ like this.
  16. ADs3

Only had the catcams pulley 6 months & the braided fuel pipe possibly 3 months so thought I'd pull my finger out and get that bit closer to completion.......completion! who am I kidding lol 20200401_161120_resized.jpg

Asim1 likes this.
  17. Asim1

Asim1 Active Member

Where did you get the braided fuel pipes as I want to change mine..your ones look really good