ADS - Engine/transmission in dynamic not working

fast-ferret

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that when you are in “individual” ADS mode with “Engine/transmission” not to “Dynamic” that the car starts in comfort mode for the transmission? I.e the LCD starts in D1 not S1 and doesn’t go very fast

If I go to “car settings” and exit out again it switches to S, or if I cycle through ADS modes to comfort, economy etc and back to individual it also switches to S, but if I simply start the car (when it was stopped when in individual) it stays in individual but with comfort transmission, not dynamic.

Weird - anyone else got this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be misunderstanding your explanation because that seems correct to me. If you don't have "individual" set to dynamic for engine/transmission then it will be in D. If you want your "individual" mode to put the 'box into S then you'll need to set engine/transmission to dynamic.

Note that even if you switch off the car in S, when you start it again it will be in D. This has not changed ADS, it is simply Audi's "safety" mode to force you to make a conscious decision to put the 'box back into S.

I must be misunderstanding your explanation because that seems correct to me. If you don't have "individual" set to dynamic for engine/transmission then it will be in D. If you want your "individual" mode to put the 'box into S then you'll need to set engine/transmission to dynamic.

Note that even if you switch off the car in S, when you start it again it will be in D. This has not changed ADS, it is simply Audi's "safety" mode to force you to make a conscious decision to put the 'box back into S.

Sorry I just noticed a typo in my post (I was on my phone I think) - what I meant was that if I'm in dynamic mode for Engine/transmission and ADS is set to individual the gearbox is in D not S, if I visit the car settings page and do nothing and then exist out the car switches to S, but if I just simply start it then it it is in D.

Having read what you say though, it seems this is normal - I certainly am switching it off in S and it's going to D. I've not tried this yet (I will do next time) - if I set ADS to dynamic (which will put the transmission in S) and then turn off the car, will it start back up in dynamic ADS but in D transmission?