Admiral

brasiliangringo

Reaction score
Amazing. They just gave me full no claims discount as have been a named driver for the last few years when not in my own name (so lost my own ncd) but as am claim free for 12 years granted me full ncd happy days !! 600 quid on a 2002 s3 not ba for a balding 32 year old ;)

im paying £1025 for a 2001 s3 and im 21 :D without any ncb :blackrs4:

I paid £497 this year with Admiral. Granted I'm 27 and I only have a 210bhp S3 but I also only have 2 years NCB and 2 years driving experience... :D

I paid £308 last week for the year for my S3 with all mods declared with Admiral. I'm 38 with 12 years NCB, no accidents, claims or convictions, annual mileage is 8000 miles and it's insured social, domestic & pleasure - i.e. not to/from work.

Last edited:
I paid £497 this year with Admiral. Granted I'm 27 and I only have a 210bhp S3 but I also only have 2 years NCB and 2 years driving experience... :D

Hmm so they did not give me a full dsicount then !! Writiing on bb so ecuse spelling

I know and job etc. I live in a low risk area in the country but am self employed , 12000 per year. I did chuck the folks on as thought wld make it cheaper- can any of u others with admiral vouch 4 that ?

I use Admiral and pay about £450 FC im 35 with 12 years NCB but i use their Multicar policy and bring it down as my mum also insures her car with Admiral.

We have some aprentices at my work who are 17/18 sriving 1.3 x reg ford Ka`s etc and they pay close to £1500 a year its amazing how much they are prepaired to pay what with the cost of everything else like fuel and road tax they basically work to drive lol.

I remember when i first started driving at 18 fuel was less than 40p a litre! so thats only 17 years ago and i was broke paying for a car back then.

I had a car vandalised, all windows and tyres, I was insured with Admiral also and they were great, the car was written off and I had the settlement cheque in less than a week. Shame they couldnt give me a good quote on my A3 as I would have stayed with them.

I use Admiral and pay about £450 FC im 35 with 12 years NCB but i use their Multicar policy and bring it down as my mum also insures her car with Admiral.

We have some aprentices at my work who are 17/18 sriving 1.3 x reg ford Ka`s etc and they pay close to £1500 a year its amazing how much they are prepaired to pay what with the cost of everything else like fuel and road tax they basically work to drive lol.

I remember when i first started driving at 18 fuel was less than 40p a litre! so thats only 17 years ago and i was broke paying for a car back then.

My partner at work drives a ka lives in barking and first year insurabce... £3768.... And he paid it!!

02 S3 225, 31 yrs old, driving since 17 (always had own policy - never fronted), 8 yrs ncb £550 from admiral last week :)

First car in 1998 was a 1977 fiesta 1L, insurance cost: £1500!!! I remember this clearly as every new driver used to use CIS as they gave you a 1 yr ncb discount on new drivers, same postcode risk as well!!

Insurance is proper crazy, I'm sure they just pick a number from the air!!

Dave

Im 24 and have a 1.8t a3, paying 1800 with 2years no claims! With Admiral

on a 2001 S3 I pay under £300 Fully Comp IIRC with IAM Surety (Adelaide). I'm 32, balding ;( lost count of NCB.

I'm a bit annoyed that I pay more to insure the S3 that I do my bike which costs me £200.

Liam

At 300 Fc i wouldnt complain mate! But i guess it comewith experience as i only just got my own policy after being a named driver who didnt get his own NCB.

I do ridiculously low mileage tho, way less than 10k a year. I think I've estimated 8k this year and I've only just done 10 after 15 months of ownership!

Erm, ridiculous mileage that ain't. When you can work out that it would have been cheaper to take cab than have your car - then that's ridiculous low mileage.
Last year = 750 miles , year before about 1K.

I know and job etc. I live in a low risk area in the country but am self employed , 12000 per year. I did chuck the folks on as thought wld make it cheaper- can any of u others with admiral vouch 4 that ?

Yep, although it depends upon the risk of the individual. I had a female friend on my policy which up until this year had reduced my overall premium. She rarely actually drove the car - was mainly on for when we go on holiday so we could share the driving.

Unfortunately she has a 3 point conviction for mobile phone use which she's had for 4.5 years. For the 4 previous years even having that conviction she still reduced my premium. Having read in the press that insurance cos had really clamped down on even single convictions this year, I asked them to take her off and it reduced my premium by nearly £50 (having her on the policy last year reduced it by £30 IIRC - so thats an effective £80 change year on year). Just shows how much extra loading they are applying even for a single conviction.

Erm, ridiculous mileage that ain't. When you can work out that it would have been cheaper to take cab than have your car - then that's ridiculous low mileage.
Last year = 750 miles , year before about 1K.

I'm doing about that sort of mileage too! ****** crazy! Worst thing is that I need to do 1,000 miles before my warranty is valid. So far I've done about 290miles in 3 and a half months!

I'm with admiral for insurance too - pay about £550 a year (30 years old 5 years NCD).

And apparently, accordingly to that link, Kingston is quite a risky place to own a car!

02 S3 225, 31 yrs old, driving since 17 (always had own policy - never fronted), 8 yrs ncb £550 from admiral last week :)

First car in 1998 was a 1977 fiesta 1L, insurance cost: £1500!!! I remember this clearly as every new driver used to use CIS as they gave you a 1 yr ncb discount on new drivers, same postcode risk as well!!

Insurance is proper crazy, I'm sure they just pick a number from the air!!

Dave

Did u add parents on or older drivers and did it bring cost down ? My firt car was corrad1999 and cost me circa 1800 on insurance. Then I got an s2 elise which was the most increddible handling I will ever experience from a road car..

£641 RS4 :laugh: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: JS1500 and deeman88
Did u add parents on or older drivers and did it bring cost down ? My firt car was corrad1999 and cost me circa 1800 on insurance. Then I got an s2 elise which was the most increddible handling I will ever experience from a road car..

Yes, I have always added my father on my policy, for that Just in Case moment. (ironically this year it added to my premium). I had to change companies as provident wouldn't cover the S3. (Another 8 months NCD lost). The S3 is actually about £60 a year cheaper than the Corsa 1.8 SRi I had before - Bonus!

Dave

2000 S3, 22 yo, zero no cliams, mother as named driver, 815 with admiral multicar

Insurance quotes are nothing without mileage and if it includes commute or working :D

What am i doing wrong !

Im 28 with nearly 3 years ncb, been driving over 7 years with no claims been driving company cars for the entire time and my insurance is £1300 for a standard A3 1.8t 00 facelift. any advice would be good .

What am i doing wrong !

Im 28 with nearly 3 years ncb, been driving over 7 years with no claims been driving company cars for the entire time and my insurance is £1300 for a standard A3 1.8t 00 facelift. any advice would be good .

Your postcode has a lot to do with it mate. Im on the same boat, my postcode is rated an F. Based on the scale A is good right down to F.

But some of these companies just pick out random numbers and charge us that imo lol

I'm 23, 6 points, 1 claim, 2001 A3 1.8T licence for 6 years and 1 years NBC.

Fully comp £805..... I don't feel so bad now seeing everyone else's :icon_thumright:

***EDIT***

This includes SDP&C and I have business insurance too. I added two people to my policy ( mother and friend). On my own it's circa £1k.

Last edited:
Thats a half decent price for 6 points , my mates went up 500 for 3 points. Mine is quite high cos they put 300 on for changing car and address. i think come july mine should be around 600 looking at the quotes online. fingers crossed:beerchug:

Damnit. Im gonna call admiral again tomorrow and see if they will give me a cheaper quote without telling them who i am. I feel robbed!!

Reactions: brasiliangringo
Yeah im not sure if this is thread has turned out to reveal too much good for most of us lol ;)

Damnit. Im gonna call admiral again tomorrow and see if they will give me a cheaper quote without telling them who i am. I feel robbed!!

Haggle until your blue in the face... My quote online from admiral was £853. I called my current provider who is Elephant and told them I was disgusted at the renewal price (£1700). I was instantly told they would match it. I said this isn't good enough, you've messed me around and if I buy online I get a free meerkat toy. They asked me to hold the line....then came back with £803 fully comp. The difference a meerkat can make eh? :rockwoot:

£641 RS4 :laugh: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Admiral quoted me £530 fully comp with protected full ncb for mine, with all mods and my 3 points declared.
I went with Adrian Flux in the end though - £170 for 9 months (ok, that's on top of what i'd already paid them for the S3)!

I'm 31, living in a safe area and nobody else is on the policy.