Admiral, elephant or diamond

Chris S 1245

Reaction score
Hi guys so ive posted many insurance threads in this forum about an s3 when im 20 :D Well ive listened to everyones advice and i refuse to pay upwards of 4k for car insurance for it. So ive Bought An A3 S line 2014 2.0 TDI and insurance isnt a problem. Got 3 decent quotes so far from admiral, elephant and diamond ranging from £1400-£1700. Which of these is the better company to insure with. Any of you had any bad experiences eg at renewal etc ?

I’m pretty sure they are all part of the same group, elephant and admiral definitely are.

All identical companies, all go through to the same call centre and they occasionally answer the phone stating the wrong company it’s that much the same.

Elephant is usually slightly cheaper, go with the cheapest.

Reactions: Daveotto
I've been with all 3. No difference. I switch each year between them to get cheaper insurance.

Ah ok thx for the replies gonna keep the A3 for 2 years to build up some driving experience then gonna buy A used RS3.

Reactions: AudiNutta
&I thought this thread was a lead in to joke after reading the title ! lol

Reactions: Rideen
Ah ok thx for the replies gonna keep the A3 for 2 years to build up some driving experience then gonna buy A used RS3.

&I thought this thread was a lead in to joke after reading the title ! lol

Im pretty sure it is...he is going from a tdi and skipping the s3 but going straight to an rs3!

Ps, they are all part of the same company

Whatever happens, next year you will be able to get a cheaper quote.

Your current insurer will be out to rip you off by hoping that you will just renew to save hassle.

Be prepared to shop around every year. You may well get your existing company to match a new quote.

Insurance is a total joke and I wish there was more regulation by the government or some body that would prevent this happening.