Adjusting headlights for driving in france

Tim@G

Reaction score
Im going to be driving to the south of France in a couple of weeks. On my old passat the lights could be adjusted using a lever in the light unit.

Can my b7 lights be adjusted in the same way so I dont need the stickers??

We visit France a lot as my in laws live there and we always use beam benders on our b7 :)

Halogens - use stickers

Xenons - use VCDS to program lights in tourist solution mode -

Channel 010: Tourist Solution

When driving in countries where driving is performed on the opposite side as in the native country the headlights must be changed over to avoid blinding the oncoming traffic. When active/enabled the Fault Code 02988 will be stored.

* 0 = Disabled
* 1 = Enabled

Reactions: stevegrass777 and martynash
some b7 lights have the lever some dont
just have to look it there there
if not stickers from halfords

I just use the stickers. Remember to leave your light on for the trip back to the ferry as this melts the glue and makes it easier to remove it all in one go :)

If your lights are the same as the link you placed they are standard halogens.

Lights diagram1

The diagram shows the beam pattern. The angled kick up to the left is the part of the beam that blinds when driving on the right. Park in front of a flat surface (garage door or wall in the dark preferably) about 1-2 metres away and identify the 2 kicks. One on each lamp. With black insulation tape just remove the kicks to obtain a flat image with no kick and you have perfectly, easily and cheaply sorted your lights for use in France.

To get an idea of where the position might be, get a plastic ruler and cover 4-5 inches one end with tape. Now use that to determine where the kick starts and finishes by placing it on the light glass and moving it about until just the kick disappears. Place the tape there and voilà!

Job done

Regards

Marty:blackrs4:

Just do what all the other foreign ****s do over here and dont ****ing bother, bunch of ****ing twats!
Their only blessing is they give the lane two hoggers a hard time, still foreign ****ing ****ers want ****ing shooting
Ps I would like to apologise for the lack of swear words

Reactions: telski789 and martynash
Just do what all the other foreign ****s do over here and dont ****ing bother, bunch of ****ing twats!
Their only blessing is they give the lane two hoggers a hard time, still foreign ****ing ****ers want ****ing shooting
Ps I would like to apologise for the lack of swear words

Ha:laugh:

Spot on

Marty:blackrs4: