Adjustable Suspension - Not With 18" Alloys?

willh92

Reaction score
All,

Reading through the A1 states that adjustable suspension is standard on the S1 but then goes on to state that it's not available in conjunction with 18" alloy. Is this correct or only for the A1?

Upload 2016 7 21 13 25 14

Thanks,
Will

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-21_13-24-16.png
    upload_2016-7-21_13-24-16.png
    449.6 KB · Views: 156
Do you mean with the drive select? I have 18's on mine and it's fine. Mines in dynamic all the time.

Well yeah, although the brochure (see above image - albeit in bad quality) seems to suggest you can't have 18's with adjustable suspension. I'd imagine this only applies to the A1's for which adjustable suspension is optional (with drive select) as the S1's have a different rear set up don't they. Just seems a bit misleading to me ...

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
It would seem a bit strange. I got mine January 2015 and I don't remember the adjustable suspension being an option. Maybe it's a new thing for the latest models as I can see on Audi's configurator page that the S1 has four round pipes at the back now, not oval.
Well yeah, although the brochure (see above image - albeit in bad quality) seems to suggest you can't have 18's with adjustable suspension. I'd imagine this only applies to the A1's for which adjustable suspension is optional (with drive select) as the S1's have a different rear set up don't they. Just seems a bit misleading to me ...

It's standard on the S1, but still says next to it - not in conjunction with 18" alloys. It's misleading, probably only applicable to the A1's

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Yeah it must be the A1. I just had visions of the car lowering itself down when you selected Dynamic mode, how cool would that be lol :)

I think it's cos the A1's have a rear beam setup whereas the S1 ditched that in development.