Adjust dipped beam headlight angle on A6 C7 Allroad (2013)

mrming

Reaction score
Hi all,

After the sad demise of my A4 Avant I’m now the proud owner of a 2013 A6 Avant Allroad.

The car has a whiff of the poverty spec about it in places, which means it has standard halogen headlights.

Currently the dipped beam points far too low, and doesn’t illuminate the road far enough ahead.

There’s no adjuster inside the cabin. Does anyone know if there’s another way to adjust the angle of the dipped beams myself?

Any tips greatly appreciated! :)

Cars with halogen headlights had a range adjuster inside the car adjacent to the headlight control, those with Xenon did not because they were self levelling. That said if the adjuster is at 0 and it is still too low then there are adjustment screws on the back of each headlight to position them correctly

Reactions: NHN
That’s great thanks - have used the adjuster and the angle looks better now.

Next question - the headlights seem a bit dim on dipped beam. Is there a better spec bulb I can get? The lenses are fairly clean / clear.

Many seem to find Osram Nightbreaker bulbs to be very good. You will need an H15 bulb as it is both the main beam and also the DRL. The dipped beam is an H7, probably worth replacing both while you are about it

Reactions: mrming
Fitted Osram Nightbreakers for the dipped beams and the equivalent for the full beams. Problem solved - thanks @elan2s