1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Adi’s dtm

Adi s dtm Aug 5, 2019

1. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

So I’m looking to make some power changes to my dtm, aiming for 350 bhp ish, I’m just about to order all my parts, the list is,

Rs4 clutch kit (I’m not yet certain it will fit, but will
    let anyone know if it will as an upgrade).
    My turbo with 8p s3 internals (hybrid).
    8p s3 injectors,
    Airtec front mount inter cooler.
    Vis motorsport HPFP internals.
    Rs4 fuel valve.
    Panel filter.
    Decat.
    Unicorn remap.
    Runner flap delete.

I will let you know how I get on with it all as and when I get it all sorted.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member

Given it the power it should of always had :) looking forward to seeing the results.

4. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

A few parts have arrived.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

So the rs4 clutch will not fit the flywheel is too shallow.[​IMG]

6. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

Luckily awesome gti had a Sachs one in stock.[​IMG][​IMG]

Stanningtonglen and Sidrick like this.
  7. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

So just got a non res Milltek on order for next week and still waiting on my airtec intercooler to arrive, then I can get my remap booked and all the parts fitted, pictures to follow on the build when I have all the parts.

Stanningtonglen and AvantMike like this.
  8. Stanningtonglen

Stanningtonglen Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group Audi S4 quattro Audi A4

this sounds like a good build looking forward to seeing then end result

9. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

The cooler arrived today.

Attached Files:

Ricky Burrows and Just Rob. like this.
  10. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

someones going to be a busy bee now, well worth it though.

11. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

So got the cooler fitted today not a bad job to do really. The only problem is the map sensor hole is far to big for my sensor, I think I have managed to seal it with an o ring for now but if anyone has had this problem before and has a fix please let me know.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BakPak and Sidrick like this.
  14. GDCAUDIA4B7

GDCAUDIA4B7 Active Member Team Dolphin Grey saloon Audi A4 Manual

Surely that is a design fault??

15. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

That hole is way to big for the sensor, is it a 2.0tfsi specific IC or a generic one?
    Surely if it was model specific you shouldn't need to start messing around with the sensor mounting let alone trying to make it fit, just an observation.

16. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

I've come across it. They did do Two different map sensors. One large and one small. Both do the same job.
    You'll have to research as I cannot remember the part numbers. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17. Just Rob.

Only 1 shows up for fitting the 2.0tfsi with BUL engine and no revised or alternative listed, 038-906-051 D , if there is another its not listed or is from another engine.

maybe best to have a chat with Airtech and see what they suggest.
    looks good though.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  18. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

From another engine.... I'll find it when I go work Monday.....

Was about 4 years ago when I saw it happen live in front of me.
    The story was I was around a friend of a friends house whilst they was trying to fit a new intercooler. It was the other way though. His map sensor was big and the hole small. He went to a local Motor Factors and came back with a small one.
    Or it could have been the same as this situation above.... 4 years is a long time

19. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

It’s made for the b7 tfsi I have got a 3 bar map sensor to go in that is the same size as the d part number found on my car now, I have seen there is a larger bore map sensor but not sure If its what I need for my map, I will email airtec see if there is an adapter plate available, I though that they would allow for the different size sensor.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  20. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

So I have spoken to the supplier of my cooler and a spacer plate is on its way for the map sensor, then I come home and my Milltek has arrived the last part I needed, just got to book in for the map with rick at unicorn now and fit all the parts.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ricky Burrows, Metalsmurf and Sidrick like this.
  21. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

Managed to get half day holiday today in work and the boss let me get my car in so on with the Milltek.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ricky Burrows and Sidrick like this.
  22. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

Also booked in with rick at unicorn so the map is booked for 3 weeks.

23. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

I managed to get all the parts fitted today so
    S3 injectors
    Runner flap delete
    Hpfp internals from vis
    Pcv delete
    Hpfp banjo bolt to rubber pipe swap for ease of follower replacement
    Rs4 fuel valve
    Fuel rail pressure sensor (200 bar)
    Swirl flap replacement
    Hybrid turbo
    N75
    All new gaskets and clips all genuine
    Oil and filter
    All ready for the map now on Thursday

Attached Files:

24. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

Also any recommendations on a set of daily use uprated pads for front and rear using my standard disks.

25. jay1601

jay1601 Well-Known Member

ds2500 pads a tad dusty but work well

26. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Anything not dusty , some have ceramic content & copper free and fewer with a real performance advantage .

Redstuff
    Ferodo DS Performance
    Ferodo Eco-Fiction

What other low dust with performance advantage ?

27. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

[​IMG] my car did make 350bhp but as it’s a daily use car and the mileage is 105k on standard internals it was set to a lower stage for reliability, I’m very happy with the result and would highly recommend rock at unicorn motorsport he really dose know what he is doing.

Rob Avant, Sidrick and Just Rob. like this.
  28. Rob Avant

Rob Avant Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Phantom S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Map looks decent... I bet it feels like a different car now. Rick definitely knows what he’s doing with these motors.
    I think I need to visit Midland Turbo as they’re only around the corner from me... The K04 itch definitely needs scratching soon :yum:

29. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

The k04 turbo is a must. Keeps pulling all the way to the red line

Rob Avant likes this.
  30. antwan64og

antwan64og Well-Known Member

Looks real good.

Whats the turbo spec called for the hybrid from midland and any chance of a ballpark price?

31. BenKH95

BenKH95 New Member

Great this is, essentially how I'd like mine. Any videos?

32. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

I just asked them to fit an 8p s3 core to it but I’m quite certain it’s now a full hybrid turbo as looking at the blades they are not the same as standard as for cost mine was near enough a grand.

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

Sorry no videos, I need to ask rick at unicorn see if he did one of it on the dyno.

35. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

[​IMG] fitted a new front grill at weekend I happy with the look, new vac pump due to an oil leak and seal failure on the coolant housing on the back of the head. Full service and new diverter valve. Runs far better now with the DV plus off I’m sure the piston sticks to easily causing poor boosting.

Sidrick and Just Rob. like this.
  36. Just Rob.

What Rev DV did you fit?
    Sticking pistons in the dv plus valves seem to be a regular occurance.

37. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

[​IMG] this one rob.

Just Rob. likes this.
  38. Just Rob.

:icon thumright:
    yep , that's the best one by far, fitted the same to my old bus some time ago, works so much better than the piston rev DV.

39. Just Rob.

I'm interested in your turbo config Adi.
    what parts are they?
    Ko3 housing with k04 manifold and hybrid core or something else.

Sidrick likes this.
  40. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

It was a spare k03 housing for the bul engine matching part number then I had the 8p s3 turbo core fitted they machined the housing for the core and fitted a uprated actuator and a billet compressor wheel. It made 350bhp with ease and Rick at unicorn said if could have more to give but didn’t want to push the standard rods on the mileage it’s on.

Dan_Avant and Just Rob. like this.
  41. Just Rob.

Having had a better look that appears to be a K04 manifold assembly with a K03 housing , would love to know what core it is K04 based or custom build.
    I assume the K03 housing has been enlarged to suit the larger core.

42. Just Rob.

sorry replied whilst you replied.
    So if you had uprated the engine rods /pistons etc what do you think it would have produced.

43. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm Member

I will try and find the invoice for it rob to see if there are any specifications on there for you.

Just Rob. likes this.