1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adi’s dtm

Adi s dtm Aug 5, 2019

1. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

So I’m looking to make some power changes to my dtm, aiming for 350 bhp ish, I’m just about to order all my parts, the list is,

Rs4 clutch kit (I’m not yet certain it will fit, but will
    let anyone know if it will as an upgrade).
    My turbo with 8p s3 internals (hybrid).
    8p s3 injectors,
    Airtec front mount inter cooler.
    Vis motorsport HPFP internals.
    Rs4 fuel valve.
    Panel filter.
    Decat.
    Unicorn remap.
    Runner flap delete.

I will let you know how I get on with it all as and when I get it all sorted.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Active Member

Given it the power it should of always had :) looking forward to seeing the results.

4. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

A few parts have arrived.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

So the rs4 clutch will not fit the flywheel is too shallow.[​IMG]

6. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

Luckily awesome gti had a Sachs one in stock.[​IMG][​IMG]

Stanningtonglen and Sidrick like this.
  7. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

So just got a non res Milltek on order for next week and still waiting on my airtec intercooler to arrive, then I can get my remap booked and all the parts fitted, pictures to follow on the build when I have all the parts.

Stanningtonglen and AvantMike like this.
  8. Stanningtonglen

Stanningtonglen Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group

this sounds like a good build looking forward to seeing then end result

9. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

The cooler arrived today.

Attached Files:

Just Rob. likes this.
  10. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

someones going to be a busy bee now, well worth it though.

11. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

So got the cooler fitted today not a bad job to do really. The only problem is the map sensor hole is far to big for my sensor, I think I have managed to seal it with an o ring for now but if anyone has had this problem before and has a fix please let me know.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BakPak and Sidrick like this.
  14. GDCAUDIA4B7

GDCAUDIA4B7 Active Member Team Dolphin Grey saloon Audi A4 Manual

Surely that is a design fault??

15. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

That hole is way to big for the sensor, is it a 2.0tfsi specific IC or a generic one?
    Surely if it was model specific you shouldn't need to start messing around with the sensor mounting let alone trying to make it fit, just an observation.

16. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

I've come across it. They did do Two different map sensors. One large and one small. Both do the same job.
    You'll have to research as I cannot remember the part numbers. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17. Just Rob.

Only 1 shows up for fitting the 2.0tfsi with BUL engine and no revised or alternative listed, 038-906-051 D , if there is another its not listed or is from another engine.

maybe best to have a chat with Airtech and see what they suggest.
    looks good though.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 8:57 PM
  18. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

From another engine.... I'll find it when I go work Monday.....

Was about 4 years ago when I saw it happen live in front of me.
    The story was I was around a friend of a friends house whilst they was trying to fit a new intercooler. It was the other way though. His map sensor was big and the hole small. He went to a local Motor Factors and came back with a small one.
    Or it could have been the same as this situation above.... 4 years is a long time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

19. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

It’s made for the b7 tfsi I have got a 3 bar map sensor to go in that is the same size as the d part number found on my car now, I have seen there is a larger bore map sensor but not sure If its what I need for my map, I will email airtec see if there is an adapter plate available, I though that they would allow for the different size sensor.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 11:15 PM
  20. Adi s dtm

Adi s dtm New Member

So I have spoken to the supplier of my cooler and a spacer plate is on its way for the map sensor, then I come home and my Milltek has arrived the last part I needed, just got to book in for the map with rick at unicorn now and fit all the parts.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Metalsmurf and Sidrick like this.