Adding TV to RNS-E?

S

S3IZZO

Picked up my new S3 this weekend - love the RNS-E but was wondering how easy/hard it would be to add TV function to it?

I'm guessing I need a DVB-T tuner of some description? - is it possible to have this on whilst moving also? (not that i'd watch it whilst driving obviously)

I saw one on Ebay for £250 without cables and aerials. You can add a VIM hack to disable the safety feature. Craig is you man if you want someone to do it.

Im looking to do the same in my car, so any recommendations would be appreciated. Don't really want to go with the factory tuner as it is analog - I'd rather have a digital one.

Anybody know if there is an external tuner that can be controlled via the RNS-E?

I already have the VIM hack applied.

steve1975l said:
I saw one on Ebay for £250 without cables and aerials. You can add a VIM hack to disable the safety feature. Craig is you man if you want someone to do it.

Do you have a contact for craig?

HazzyDayz (vwcruise.com) offer the same service at the same price / cheaper for most of those mods.

Not sure where TCL are based, but HazzyDayz are based in HERTS, but will travel for a moderate fee and I believe they hold regular sessions at various places around the country (SW/NW/Scotland) if you don't mind travelling a little bit yourself. All prices on their website, incl call-out charges).

Just to be clear - I have nothing to do with HazzyDayz and get no comps** or discounts - I've just used them a few times and been really impressed with their flexibility* and value for money (it's not cheap, but still good value ;) ).

*dropping the car off at 7.30am and picking it up at 7.30pm, etc!

**well they did wire in an extra 12V and USB charger socket into my cubby hole and VAGcom the auto-locking code... if that counts :)