Adding New Plates

JMH19

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought some replacement plates for my new registration.

The ones I have bought do not have holes on them to attach. What is the best way to attach these plates?

Thanks in advance.

Either Tap some new holes in the Plate or buy some sticky pads with the constant concern your plate could fall off

Hi all,

I have just bought some replacement plates for my new registration.

The ones I have bought do not have holes on them to attach. What is the best way to attach these plates?

Thanks in advance.
A plate holder for about £11 from Audi

8b7a63f4e30d01921d4683d37ee5fe88.jpg

A few years back someone copied my plates and did an armed robbery 4 miles from where I live! I got arrested and interviewed, my defence was "Do you think I'd be stupid enough to do an armed robbery in my own town, using my own car and then park the car on my drive at the front of the house?" :D

Yes I was let go :)

Reactions: cuke2u
At the end of the day, it takes 24hrs to order new plates. There are enough places where you can order plates that aren't legal, i.e. wrong font or whatnot - won't even have to show any documents. So not sure those bolts serve a decent purpose. Same as blacking out number plates on photos. At the end of the day, all it takes is opening your eyes on the street to 'get' a new plate that matches your car. So don't see the point. Or am I too naive there.

Same as blacking out number plates on photos. At the end of the day, all it takes is opening your eyes on the street to 'get' a new plate that matches your car. So don't see the point. Or am I too naive there.

Because by posting it online you're opening it up to anyone in the country being able to copy your plate.

If I stood on the high street of my town it could take weeks before say a Sepang Blue RS3 drives past in order to clone the plate. Or I could just come to this forum from the comfort of my home and get a numberplate in under 2 minutes. By not posting your plate online you just make it that one step harder.

Reactions: S32B, Adam14 and cuke2u
Because by posting it online you're opening it up to anyone in the country being able to copy your plate.

If I stood on the high street of my town it could take weeks before say a Sepang Blue RS3 drives past in order to clone the plate. Or I could just come to this forum from the comfort of my home and get a numberplate in under 2 minutes. By not posting your plate online you just make it that one step harder.
Exactly this ^^^, why take the risk?

I got arrested for armed robbery christmas eve 2002 because someone had copied my plates and then did an armed robbery on a local petrol station....not a nice position to be in.

Reactions: Jonnie