Adding extra back lights to Audi A3 8p 2012 Sportback

Ironically I'm sitting in Munich right now lol.

Reactions: EvilSmurph and Haukur
Hi guys
It’s right I was getting confused,
But to get this right,
The lights on my Audi A3 2012 Sportback are mixed and have both leds and bulbs?
What made me kind of stubborn was the fact that I saw bulbs, at least for the indicators, and everybody was telling me otherwise lol.
And maybe the reverse lights are bright enough for the city, but since I am so often out in the countryside where there are no street lights and often no reflection from objects, I need to add more lights, in the start I was even thinking more extreme ways to increase the brightness, but decided to find you guys.
P.s
I am Icelandic, I just spend the winters in Germany, so more lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: EvilSmurph and samuelh_888
The reverse lights lenses are very small narrow in nature, you won't get much more light from these even with LEDs, unless you add another specific white light to the rear, which in itself could look out of place tbh.

What about changing everything to xenon ?
Just more headache?
It’s just that after 3 almost times in a ditch while reversing enough is enough

Xenon reverse lights, I personally wouldn't waste my time or energy, plus don't think it's wise at all.

Not just the reverse light but everything, I just don’t know how these ( xenon lights) work, I usually am more concerned about off-road trucks and busses then Barbie cars, I drive busses in the Icelandic highlands for 5-6 months every year, and when we do mods on our jeeps, trucks or busses it’s kind of extreme
e67639b8b58aac3a9a42a5ab199e62df.jpg

Then fit something into the rear bumper flush with LEDs, that'll help & if done well won't look too out of place as the rear lenses aren't really suitable for xenon's or high output light imho, the reverse part of the lenses is small.

Use the existing reverse feed as a trigger to a relay if it's a high load, if just led & low current, relay shouldn't be needed, but may trigger cold diagnosis bulb warning, test & fit the appropriate.

Reactions: Haukur
Hi there
I have an Audi A3 sportback 2012 (8p)
And the brightness of the backing lights are awful and instead of trying for a brighter lightbulb i was thinking about adding two led light strips that would be connected to the existing light.

This is my first attempt at anything with this car and have been told that it has a complicated censor system and it can’t be done
Is this right?
If anybody knows pls help me out here
Regards
Haukur
So can the brightness be adjusted with vcds or not? Ive tinted my lights to dark.

Hi there
I have an Audi A3 sportback 2012 (8p)
And the brightness of the backing lights are awful and instead of trying for a brighter lightbulb i was thinking about adding two led light strips that would be connected to the existing light.

This is my first attempt at anything with this car and have been told that it has a complicated censor system and it can’t be done
Is this right?
If anybody knows pls help me out here
Regards
Haukur
So can the brightness be adjusted with vcds or not? Ive tinted my lights to dark

Attachments

• 20220418_194758.jpg
    20220418_194758.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 37
  • 20220418_194636.jpg
    20220418_194636.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 36