Adding Blutooth and MFSW.

Inertiauk

Reaction score
Website
www.yourlocalcomputerguy.co.uk
I am planning to buy eBay item 320676638484 bluetooth hands free kit. It claims to be oem and an easy fit. Will it work on my RNSE? Will I have to have it coded?

im going to buy an rs4 MFSW when one comes up on eBay for ~ 500 with airbag in good nick. Will I need anything else to fit this so that the buttons function? My mate logged into my steering wheel module on vag com and it was there with no faults, so I presume it will be possible.

Any links to guides? Any input welcome.

Btw I tried to search but the forum errored and wouldn't let me.

Thanks.

I'm surprised that you are intending on spending £200+ on something on ebay and not reading the advert, on the bottom of the advert, it does state that VAG coding will need to be done in order for it to work, so the answer is yes, your RNS-E will require coding for bluetooth. :icon_thumright:

It looks like it comes with coding instructions so as long as you have access to VAGCOM, you should be fine.

im going to buy an rs4 MFSW when one comes up on eBay.
You'll be wasting your money as the RS4 wheel ISN'T an MFSW - yes it has 4 buttons, but you cannot code them to act as an MFSW (they're replacements for the DIS buttons and a button dedicated to Sport mode).

If you want an MFSW that looks similar to an RS4 wheel then you need the MFSW from an 8P S3 or 8J TT.

With all these wheels you'll have the single stage vs. dual stage airbag safety issue though.

sloppy, I haven't bought it yet and yes I did just skim it. Thanks for pointing it out.

petroldave, thanks thats really useful information. can I change the badge at The bottom. Would an s4 badge fit?

I can buy a tt wheel for 200 and airbag for 300. Other than vagcom coding do I need anything else such as different wiring looms or adapters?

In order to get around the airbag issue would I have to use an ugly MFSW that would've been an option on my car, or alternatively I guess just don't crash the car.

I prefer the wheel I have to the round MFSW with the oblong airbag.
Thanks.

Last edited:
can I change the badge at The bottom. Would an s4 badge fit?
Sorry, I don't know.

I prefer the wheel I have to the round MFSW with the oblong airbag.
Messing around with the airbag system is done at your peril, you have to decide whether aesthetics matter more to you than safety - and consider whether your insurance will be invalidated.

I'm not sure if linking to other forums are allowed (mods please remove if this is not allowed), but this is an idiots guide to MFSW if you need to know how it's done Idiot's Guide to MFSW Install + Everything you want to know! | Audi Forum

He replaced the control module and sc ring, he was on a 2002 which was not sold with and option of mfsw. My 2004 had an option from Audi to have a news, so I wonder if I already have the correct module and sc ring, or if I have to change them like him.

He replaced the control module and sc ring, he was on a 2002 which was not sold with and option of mfsw. My 2004 had an option from Audi to have a news, so I wonder if I already have the correct module and sc ring, or if I have to change them like him.

You may have to take them out and check the part numbers, it's the only way to be sure.