Adding another genuine Sub to the right side on the boot ?

BrizZeR

Reaction score
Hey there,
I have been thinking about upgrading my sound system in my 3dr A3 8P.
im not looking for some crazy bass custom made sound system, I just want to enjoy music in my car in good quality.

Right now I have 2 speakers in the rear(one in each side) and the original sub in the boot
all the front speakers&tweeters are not working/ not installed...that's how I bought the car

I was thinking about purchasing the complete Bose sound system set .. and using the second sub on the right side of the boot, ending up with the full bose system + a second original sub.

anyone can tell me if it is possible?
maybe someone already did it?
My knowledge in sound systems is close to 0, so sorry if that's a stupid question or obvious one

Thanks in advance

Full Bose is wired differently to the other systems.

If it were me I’d do a fresh install with aftermarket components.

Full Bose is wired differently to the other systems.

If it were me I’d do a fresh install with aftermarket components.

I have someone who will take care of all the wiring ..
as I said, I don't really love the custom built sound systems ..

what do you mean by wired differently?
if for example, im buying a second-hand original Bose system with all the tweeters and speakers and sub i
will be able to connect it all? (replace the ones i have already) and adding the second sub to the other side of the boot?

No. Your original system is probably half-amped. Front speakers ran from hu.

Bose is full amped. Feed from hu to amp, then to speakers.

You need to figure out why you’re isnt working properly first. A second sub wouldn’t change much. I’ve found one is enough.

No. Your original system is probably half-amped. Front speakers ran from hu.

Bose is full amped. Feed from hu to amp, then to speakers.

You need to figure out why you’re isnt working properly first. A second sub wouldn’t change much. I’ve found one is enough.

I see, so if I order one with the Full amp, there shouldn't be any problem , just wire it and thats it ?

example
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A3-Co...005241?hash=item34064cf179:g:sXoAAOSwPEhchjg0

and yes, first I really need to understand why the front section of the car isnt connected, when I bought the car the right front and left front were working really rubbish, so I disabled them, so maybe I do have tweeters but they just not connected for some reason

Pretty sure Bose has a centre speaker too.

You would have to rewire pretty much the whole car, or at the minimum reroute stuff. It would be a lot less hassle to wire in an new system.

If you can figure out the issue with the front I would just replace the speakers. all round and use existing wiring.

Pretty sure Bose has a centre speaker too.

You would have to rewire pretty much the whole car, or at the minimum reroute stuff. It would be a lot less hassle to wire in an new system.

If you can figure out the issue with the front I would just replace the speakers. all round and use existing wiring.

I guess you're right, il think about that .. maybe il just replace the front speakers with some aftermarket speakers/tweeters and that's it