Adblue

No freebies from the dealer through carwow for me other than 8.5k off list price. Local dealer offered 1.2k discount - no brainer!

Reactions: cuke2u
Got the message up last week, filled up today on 10k miles with it saying I had 1300 miles range left. Tank is 24L and it took 18L to brim it.
Used HGV pump at local Shell station, couldn't be easier. £12.58 for 18L. I can manage that one every 10K miles.

Mine has 2.5k miles on it so far and its flashed up on the DIS saying I have 2000 miles left on Adblue - seems to have got through some if it thinks at 4k it should be topped up...

Just put in 18.55 litres for £12.97 at Shell Hickstead using the dedicated Adblue pump (approx 10,000 miles on the car). Dead easy to do and just like filling up with fuel. Stopped at the first click-off as per the instructions.

I got my first warning message at 11k miles stating that I had 1500 miles left in the ad blue tank (24 litre tank). Local Audi dealership filled it up and it cost me £34!

Just put 12 litres in after only 2.5k miles - wonder if it wasn't properly filled up on the PDI because this seems excessive otherwise?

I have an a6 ultra, which I’ve done 60,000 miles in. Ad blue top up required every 4,000 miles or so which is a pain and every other month for me.

The most annoying thing is that the tank is 17L and it comes in 10L refills and it’s hard to assess when it’s full.

I got the car two years ago and at the time ad blue was very expensive, about £38 for 10L. That has come right down now to about £17 for 10L.

Audi dealers are starting to get filling machines too so getting a full 17L fill is possible, and so the range goes up a bit.

Still, it was a major reason I decided to buy a petrol (S4) replacement. Ad blue is a pain for which there is no completely satisfactory outcome yet.

Reactions: RaZ A4
Find a forecourt with an HGV section, they tend to have Ad Blue on pump, miles cheaper too, ~70p a litre

Do you get a warning when the ad blue is running low or needs to be topped up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it starts at 1500 miles, and counts down in 100s, until 500 miles when it starts getting very upset every 50 miles.

I can also confirm the car will not restart at 0...