Adaptive xenons on led drl unit

*Müllërz

REVOlutionary
Reaction score
Hi all
I dont know if i have adaptive xenons or bi xenons...
Can anyone help on how to identify the difference other than whilst driving?

If you have adaptives when you start the car they will do an up / down / left / right 'dance' as part of the start routine.

If you have bi-xenons they just go up / down as part of this procedure.

and if it does neither than there is an issue with the auto levelling?

I'd say so yes. My 8P2 and 8P3 had adaptive and bi-xenons respectively, and you can hear the motor moving the lights if you listen carefully.

That said, I'm wondering if it only happens when the lights circuit is active (e.g auto lights on and car senses it's dark).

Park face on to a wall at night, turn on ignition and start car with auto lights set to on and see if it happens!

Warren - I have adaptive xenons but I don't recall them ever doing a left and right start up procedure? On mine they go from down to up and that's about it I think. They're turning whilst cornering so all is good on that front.

Warren - I have adaptive xenons but I don't recall them ever doing a left and right start up procedure? On mine they go from down to up and that's about it I think. They're turning whilst cornering so all is good on that front.

Mine are the same. Just go up and down during the start-up procedure. I always notice mine because the car is kept in my garage and when I start-up the auto-lights come on and the xenons go up and down.

Interesting, Im sure my S3 lights did a little left right twitch. If you drive in the fog you can physically see it.

A certain way of telling is how deep the headlamp unit is. My 07 car lights were much longer and Forge had to make a special catch can bracket for them. My new headlamps are nowhere near as deep.

I'd say so yes. My 8P2 and 8P3 had adaptive and bi-xenons respectively, and you can hear the motor moving the lights if you listen carefully.

That said, I'm wondering if it only happens when the lights circuit is active (e.g auto lights on and car senses it's dark).

Park face on to a wall at night, turn on ignition and start car with auto lights set to on and see if it happens!

My Car is parked in the garage on a night and upon starting in the morning i havnt noticed the light move in any directon yet

I still have the pre facelift headlight switch which had halogen lights,so i think that could be one reason and the auto levelling not being picked up by my current ce,could be wrong
On the new switch there is no option to change headlight beam manually?right?as it is auto?

It requires different headlights, rewiring, different module & coding, all of which I can supply/fit :)

My Car is parked in the garage on a night and upon starting in the morning i havnt noticed the light move in any directon yet

Have you actually fitted any levelling systems to the car?

Still need to get the right c/e wired to it nige
Glad i dont drive ona night

Then that answers why yours dont work, its not just the CE aswell.

Still need to get the right c/e wired to it nige

You didnt answer the question asked, have you fitted any leveling systems to the car as yet, if not then they wont work no matter what ce modules fitted.

I personally dont call it small change, they're great on the road.

Last edited:
THey are good, I just didn't do enough night driving to warrant them on this car.

My 07 S3 has adaptive bi-xenons and they definitely do a left/right and up/down dance when I start it with the lights in auto mode. Warren - you're not going mad (yet!)